Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • youthinksoo
    • Oct 2005

Getting a New Computer

I know that there a lot of threads about this topic, but I really am getting a new computer in a few weeks and need suggestions for hardware. I mainly just do dvd encoding and normal computing. I am looking at the new Dell XPS 700. With a Pentum 930 Dual Core processor or higher, 2gb of dual channel memory, and probibly going to buy the benq 1650 nec or 3550 burner. Maybe even both. If anyone has any suggestions especially on the burners, please let me know.
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

We're still waiting to get our hands on the E6400 as it may end up being the best bang for your buck, but even the slower E6300 is quite competitive with AMD's X2 4200+ and X2 3800+. If AMD drops the price on those two parts even more than we're expecting, then it may be able to hold on to the lower end of the performance mainstream market as the E6300 is not nearly as fast as the E6600.
    For the Dells of the world, Conroe availability shouldn't be too much of an issue because companies like Dell get first dibs. For years of not going with AMD, all while demanding something more competitive from Intel, you better believe that Dell is going to soak up every last Conroe that it can.

wait

hope those new dells have ide, they have dropped to just one, intel's battleplan is to drop even that
    Last edited by Chewy; 18 Jul 2006, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Working...