X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • superman217
    Newblit
    • Jul 2006

Wondering Why...

When I first came to the boards I was having problems with copying my movies, during the weeks I was trying to figure it out I had put multiple movies on my hard drive while I was waiting, it filled my hard drive almost to a full blue pie, I had barley any space left. Ever since then even, after I copied the movies to a disk my computer runs way slower some times and barley at all other times. Just wondering if it was because I almost maxed out my storage? If it is why is it still running slow after I deleted them? I havent changed or dl anything for a long time so just curious if anyone knows whats up. Thxs!
    The final state of any discipline is where you forget what you have learned, discard your mind, and accomplish whatever you set out to do without being aware of it yourself. You begin by learning and reach the point where learning does not exist.
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

I would say so get yourself a 2nd hd around 250gig

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• locoeng
      Who Farted?
      • Dec 2005

Make sure that the files aren't stuck in Norton's protected recycle bin and also defrag.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
      Walt Kelly

Comment

• superman217
        Newblit
        • Jul 2006

I dont use norton I use AVG, ill run defrag again lol maybe it will help. Thxs guys
        The final state of any discipline is where you forget what you have learned, discard your mind, and accomplish whatever you set out to do without being aware of it yourself. You begin by learning and reach the point where learning does not exist.

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

you might want to run disk cleanup and optimize your computer before defrag,

Comment

• Gary D
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Dec 2005

Try emptying your recycle bin. Sometimes windoze holds onto the memory even after emptying the recycle bin.

Personally I use C-cleaner all the time. It clears out the temp caches and the recycle bins. I also use the registry cleaner of it all the time. I find this helps also in speeding things up. Get it here.

Here is a good read by Chewy on how to speed up your computer for burning.
            Gary D

Comment

• superman217
              Newblit
              • Jul 2006

Im working on all of the suggestions I had already read on guide, and did that before I asked for help. But as an added question I use AVG Free Edition, and there is alot of files in my virus vault, and I do mean ALOT if I select them all and delete them, does it delete them out of my virus vault or does it delete them off my computer? If anyone else knows about AVG.

Comment

• superman217
                Newblit
                • Jul 2006

Anyone out there use AVG?

Comment

• jm1647
                  An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
                  • Apr 2005

See Item d) here. The files in the vault have been moved there by the program, and can be deleted

Comment

• superman217
                    Newblit
                    • Jul 2006

Hey thxs very much!

Comment

• toomanycats
                      Digital Video Expert
                      Digital Video Expert
                      • Apr 2005

CrapCleaner is one of the best and underrated tools on the net. I would uninstall all the windows hotfixes as the files take up a lot of room. Make sure your Ram is hasn't burnt out. (It should show under Control Panel/System the amount you know you have installed)

Comment

Working...