Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robfromhull
    • Aug 2006

stuck!!

recently i have downloaded some free (ie non copyright infringed movies/tv programmes). i would like to put them on one dvd but im having a problem which i dont understand:-

it says on dvd shrink about vts files. thats ok on some of the downloads but on others they are windows media files and when i try to shrink them i get a message saying that the file is not recognised. i would love to know how i can get dvd shrink to accept these files because if i use nero to burn them they take approx 4 hours. however, the files i use that are vts, they take about 15 minutes. i would like to get loads of my favourite old tv progs on one disk so if anyone could help i would be very grateful. (im not a pc wiz but know enough to get by!!)
  • RFBurns
    To Infinity And Byond
    • May 2006

Hi! Welcome to the forum!

If I recall correctly, you need to convert the windows media player type files over to the mpeg2 DVD standard format for DVDShrink to be able to recognize the files. I dont have the links handy here, but they are located on the forums and within members signatures, but I think the program you need is called FlaskMpeg, which can do the conversion over to the mpeg2 standard. Once that is done, the shrink program can be used to create the DVD.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

Working...