• Show
Clear All
  • katzdvd
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Feb 2006

windows movie maker
    yes, I can use that.

I also can use NeroVision express, I didn't even give that a thought. Guess all the vid. card confusion still has me befuddled!

BTW, the drivers from Omega even have overclocking settings included; very nice! Maybe ATI could include that with their next catalyst update?!?

Thanks for all the assistance!

regards, katz

Comment

• chaseap01
      • Sep 2006

Zone Alarm

Try disabling Zone Alarm. This worked for me. It seems that some of the new updates for Zone Alarm are really screwing things up ... There are a lot of programs I am running that will not work with Zone Alarm running. Hope this helps.

- Chester

Comment

• sondancer
        • Oct 2006

I am also having problems with my sims 2 crashing. It worked fine until I started downloading new objects and clothes for my sims. I scan everything for viruses and spyware and things were fine but all of the sudden today just after sims would start to boot it would crash with no error report. What should I do??

Comment

• katzdvd
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Feb 2006

Hi sondancer,

I am also having problems with my sims 2 crashing.
          what type of crash?
          Screen freeze?
          Black screen?
          Jumbled/frozen Audio?
          Sims is notorious for these types of crashes; In my particular situation, it was a Video Card issue; Originally, I was using a 5 yr. old card with only 32 mb. vid memory. The game choked on that. I then upgraded to my current vid. card, which had 256 mb. memory.

Still had issues, until at anonymez's instruction, I dumped the ATI supplied drivers & went with alternates. This resolved my problem completely. Just a few things to think about, but in all the research I've done on this issue, it seems that video card/ drivers are usually the culprit!

regards, katz
          Last edited by katzdvd; 1 Oct 2006, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• iddlebit
            • Oct 2006

Me too

My game crashes constantly. It'll play fine for a while, but only if I don't have stuff. The more stuff/items I get the quicker it crashes. I got the Sims 2 University a few weeks back and can't even play because it will just crash in a matter of minutes. First it will lock up then goes to the desktop and some sort of weird error popup comes up. I forget exactly what it says, something like the iamlrnt. drive something has an error. My desktop will be messed up, kind of fuzzy. I have to restart to fix it. I want to get the pets expansion, but I really wouldn't be able to play anyway before I get this fixed. It must have something to do with my video drives, but everything is pretty much updated automatically, so it's not that. I definantly reach the requirements and everything so I do't know what it is.

Comment

Working...