Acronis True Image Error - Can't find HD!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • katzdvd
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Feb 2006

Acronis True Image Error - Can't find HD!!!

Been using Acronis True Image for awhile now, with no problems...until today.

Tried to do a backup of my C drive & encountered this -

E000101F4 - Error: Acronis True Image has not found any hard disk drives.

Googled the error & found numerous posts on the subject, & how to fix it with patches, etc.

At this point I am ready to just dump the software & go back to the old way of doing things; Simply reformat when a problem arises. I am VERY FED UP with software that I have to purchase & then it ends up not working properly!!!

I mean, what good is the software if you are in need of restoring the system & then it comes up with something like this?!?

Wish it would have exhibited this behaviour before I shelled out my hard earned $$$ for it.

*** Dumping Acronis & not looking Back!!!***

Anyone else encounter this problem or a similar one?

mad katz
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

never, and im usig it for some time now... try booting frm acronis disk and try that again.
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• ed klein
      Banned
      • Mar 2004

If you purchased Acronis on-line and you don't have the CD, like I have done, then I would do the following:

1 Be sure you have registered at Acronis web site, (www.acronis.com) and download the installer version of the Acronis you have, not the up-date version, should be some where about 78mb in size.

2. Download to your desktop, then with a good registry cleaner, clean out the remains of your old Acronis version, from the hard drive and registry.

3. Then install the new version.

I am running Acronis True Image 9.0 home edition, updated at least eight times to version 3677 and have had also, many issues with Acronis, like download size of the updates (78mb) on a dial-up connection, and the size of the Acronis Secure zone, (20.5gb) and NTFS and FAT 32 on the same hard drive.

Acronis is not as good as it used to be. But, they have a few very good ideas on doing hard drive back-ups. And, be sure each time you update to a new version, you also create a NEW rebootable backup CD disk associated with the update version you have, the old update rebootable disk you have created with have issues with the updated version you have installed.

Last edited by ed klein; 3 Sep 2006, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• katzdvd
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Feb 2006

atifsh -
        never, and im usig it for some time now...
        knock on wood!

@ed - Thanks for the info. I may consider doing that...I don't know... At this point I am so aggravated with the pgm., (as you can tell from my inital post), that I'm ready to just forget about the backup thing entirely, & just do a reformat when necessary.

Will give it serious thought over the next few days...

Thanks again for the input!

regards, katz

Comment

• atifsh
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2003

Anyone else encounter this problem or a similar one?
          thats why i said never.

again before doing anything else, boot with acronis boot cd and try backing up. if u dont have acronis boot cd u can make it with "bootable recue media builder".

Comment

• CAOgdin
            • Oct 2007

Solution Found!

Re: Error E000101F4 Not Found Any Hard Disk Drives
            <HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->After struggling with Disk Director and True Image on new computers (especially any with SATA drives), when booting from the Recovery Disk, I've found a solution to this problem.

Note: The problem does NOT occur when you're using these products under Windows. But, when you have to recover a corrupted system, you HAVE to use the "Recovery Media," and that virtually always fails with new HP and Dell systems released over the past year.

The solution is simple: BUY PARAGON's SOLUTION. I just tested (and then bought) products from http://www.paragon-software.com/ and, lo-and-behold, THEY WORK!

Acronis has been my favorite company for these products for three years, and I've spent more than $10,000 on Acronis products for me and for my clients. For the past year, Acronis has been failing to upgrade or repair their products, always insisting that their customers have to do all their debugging for them with complex, time-consuming procedures. And, recently, Acronis sent out marketing questionnaires about new products they plan to offer. But, I won't buy more Acronis product until this company SUPPORTS AND PROVIDES UPDATES TO LONG-OBSOLETE PRODUCTS.

I fully expect Acronis will delete this post; I will make sure it is placed several other places on the Internet so all you abused Acronis customers can find it.

--cao

Comment

• pfloyd
              Platinum Member
              Platinum Member
              • Jun 2007

Ghost 2003 is the way to go. Never had a problem in 5+ years.
              You raise the blade,
              You make the change,
              You rearange me till I'm sane.
              You lock the door, throw away
              the key,
              There's someone in my head
              and it's not me.

Comment

• paulharding
                • Dec 2007

I upgraded from Acronis TI v8 to 10. I tested this new version out only to find it would not restore anything even though it appeared to have backed up my partition. I contacted Acronis customer support many weeks ago and have had no response. In researching this issue I learned that a couple of weeks after I bought v10 that v11 was released. I again contacted them as to my original problem and also asked whether they would let me upgrade to v11. I still have not had a response. I have since tried to restore another partition on another computer and get error msg re "Cant find any disk drives" #E000101F4. I am going to file a dispute with my credit card co and see if I can get a refund that way.

Comment

• NightbladeXX
                  Digital Putz
                  • Jan 2006

also check your motherboard drivers and see if they have an updated release most of the issues I ve ever had with programs not accessing the HD drives for advanced operations fall back on old drivers for the HD controllers in the motherboard chipsets

if you have a store bought machine like Dell or HP open the case and find out a serial # model # of the motherboard Like ASUS make the A7VxN series for HP and of course HP doesnt have anything for drivers on their site but ASUS and other sites have newer drivers, customer just had this issue with Acronis and once I updated the chipset drivers it gave me alot more options like using DMA

remember companies like smell just slap the things together and do not turn anything on and a year later they dont care about your computers drivers

http://www.steelers.com/

AMD FX-62 @3.2GHz
                  2GB of Corsair XMS 4-4-4-12 @ 860 MHz soon to be 4GB
                  MSI K9N Diamond nForce 590 SLI
                  nVidia 8800 GTS 320 MB
                  650W PSU + 465W (external)
                  6 WD HD's 2x500, 2x320, 250, and 36GB Raptor + 200 External for Vista HP back ups
                  LG DVD+RW
                  Koolance EXOS Coolant System
                  Buffalo Link Station Live 500GB NAS
                  Dual Acer 2223's (22") Monitors
                  Antec 900 Case custom painted interior black w/ 4 120mm blue fans + 200mm top vent
                  Vista Home Premium 32 bit
                  Vista Ultimate 64 bit (new)
                  XP Professional 32 bit
                  Ubuntu 7.04

Comment

• spikey53
                    • Dec 2007

Solution found to New SATA hard disk in HP and DELL

Hi there for those of you that have had a problem with being about to restore from Acronis with a SATA drive here is a simple solution that I have found that works

1 Buy a drive converter SATA – USB
                    2 plug it into your SATA drive in your pc and then plug it into your usb device on the back of your pc
                    3 boot Acronis
                    3 copy data

This works because it wont detect the hard disk as a SATA drive but will detect it as a usb device and it will show as a normal hard disk

Originally Posted by CAOgdin
                    Re: Error E000101F4 Not Found Any Hard Disk Drives
                    <hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1"><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->After struggling with Disk Director and True Image on new computers (especially any with SATA drives), when booting from the Recovery Disk, I've found a solution to this problem.

Note: The problem does NOT occur when you're using these products under Windows. But, when you have to recover a corrupted system, you HAVE to use the "Recovery Media," and that virtually always fails with new HP and Dell systems released over the past year.

The solution is simple: BUY PARAGON's SOLUTION. I just tested (and then bought) products from http://www.paragon-software.com/ and, lo-and-behold, THEY WORK!

Acronis has been my favorite company for these products for three years, and I've spent more than $10,000 on Acronis products for me and for my clients. For the past year, Acronis has been failing to upgrade or repair their products, always insisting that their customers have to do all their debugging for them with complex, time-consuming procedures. And, recently, Acronis sent out marketing questionnaires about new products they plan to offer. But, I won't buy more Acronis product until this company SUPPORTS AND PROVIDES UPDATES TO LONG-OBSOLETE PRODUCTS.

I fully expect Acronis will delete this post; I will make sure it is placed several other places on the Internet so all you abused Acronis customers can find it.

--cao

Comment

• atifsh
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • May 2003

Hi there for those of you that have had a problem with being about to restore from Acronis with a SATA drive here is a simple solution that I have found that works

1 Buy a drive converter SATA – USB
                      2 plug it into your SATA drive in your pc and then plug it into your usb device on the back of your pc
                      3 boot Acronis
                      3 copy data

This works because it wont detect the hard disk as a SATA drive but will detect it as a usb device and it will show as a normal hard disk

WOW.... or simply use acronis boot media and use safe version / mode.

Comment

• Garth
                        • Jan 2008

I have been using V10 for the past 8 months or so happily backing up and restoring "the computer" as in Image backup.

Today for I am getting E000101F4 Drives not found.

I can se the drives in some fucntions quite fine, but not for Backup, Restore actually started appearing.

This is frustrating.

Acronis is there a fix for this ? Appreciate any feedback from anyone.

By the way I am using an external SATA connected to the USB port on a laptop.

thanks
                        Last edited by Garth; 17 Jan 2008, 10:51 PM. Reason: Forgot some info

Comment

• atifsh
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • May 2003

• try uninstalling then re-installing acronis again.
                          and / or
                          • make a boot cd with acronis safe version clicked. boot frm that cd and use trueimage safe version, hopfully it will see ur drives now.

Comment

• Kaemon
                            • Oct 2009

Solution --- Boot into Safe Mode.

I was getting error that it couldn't see my SATA drive until I booted into safe mode from the Boot CD. Then it saw my hard drive fine. ??????

Comment

• radwar
                              • Mar 2010

Acronis boot cd cannot find SATA h/d [solved]:

I know this is an old thread however I wanted to share the frustration and (maybe) fix with the forum readers.

Most mainboards with integrated SATA ports also have BIOS settings to adjust the SATA mode. I have found the default SATA settings usually need to be adjusted for WinPE, Acronis and some Linux live discs. Acronis will recognize SATA drives as SCSI after adjusting the integrated SATA bus/controller for compatibility mode or AHCI mode or legacy mode (contrast RAID, turbo or native depending on what bios you have - dell & hp bios's suck). The best bios I have seen is Award's GA-EP43-UD3L used in my Gigabyte LGA775 mainboard.

As far as Acronis stability and support goes I refrain from judgment for their full/retail products since I did not purchase TI8, TI9 or TI10 enterprise. I did get into trouble recently when I tried to install an old version of TI10 onto a production SBS2008 system. The OS has not run correctly since.

Also, SBS2008 backup sucks! Ditto for WD/Elements 'green' USB drives and AMD cpu's.

There is no substitute for common sense and a working backup set: what ever solution you use you are well advised to test the restore feature *before* you actually need to restore any data.

--
                              Best of luck,
                              Zak

Comment

Working...