Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoPoppy
    • Jul 2006

Help getting MP3 ID3 tags

I’ve got a bunch of MP3 files on my computer with no or really random ID3 tags. Does anyone have an idea of a good program that would automatically find the ID3 tag? All the programs I’ve found can't find the right IDs for the mp3s. Any suggestions?
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

Think for a little while about the concept of tagging a random mp3, how many songs are that same length? Manually doing one song at a time is the only reliable solution. Tagging it correctly when it's ripped is the right way.

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

Manually doing one song at a time is the only reliable solution. Tagging it correctly when it's ripped is the right way.
      true.

it can be automated reliably to some extent, use mp3tag to clear all tags, then apply them per album-- the artist & album entries can be done automatically but name and track no. will need to be done manually
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• Steve83
        Bronco Guru
        • May 2006

I prefer Tag&Rename - an excellent little program that will do batch tag editing, simultaneously applying ID3v2 & ID3v3 tags. It has a very intuitive GUI, but the special function buttons take some time to fully appreciate. It can even embed cover art, lyrics, & custom tags. It's not free, but it does have a free trial period & IIRC it's only ~$30 for a perpetual upgrade license.
        Walk softly and carry a BIG SIX!!!

Comment

Working...