Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ed klein
    Banned
    • Mar 2004

Try to get back to a restore point that works.

Download freeware AVG anti-virus and do a COMPLETE computer scan and see what happens.

How long ago did you reboot, defrag, Checkdisk?, registry clean-out other than CCleaner?

Comment

• robfromhull
      • Aug 2006

hi ed
      currently using avg inti-virus - have done full scan in both normal and safe modes - nothing found - also up to date with registry mechanic (full version) and all defrag/ chkdsk up to date

Comment

• katzdvd
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Feb 2006

you'll have to use a working computer, but download hijackthis, and transfer to your computer and post a log here

might be easier and quicker to just do a clean install of windows

I suspect a bad trojan
        chewy's most likely right. I would try hijackthis, & maybe do an online scan at trend micro, etc.. When it is buried that deep that the multiple virus/malware scans won't detect, probably the easiest way to go is clean install...

disabled everything but when i rebooted i could not log on to internet to test download
        you could reboot in safe mode, & choose "safe mode with networking". I believe that should get you an internet connection.

regards, katz

Comment

• Steve83
          Bronco Guru
          • May 2006

Symantec also offers an online virus scanner. Even if it sucks in comparison to the others, it can't hurt to run it. It takes a while...
          Walk softly and carry a BIG SIX!!!

Comment

• soup
            Just Trying To Help
            • Nov 2005

You could also try this.

http://safety.live.com/site/en-US/default.htm.

Comment

• robfromhull
              • Aug 2006

HI again. Just a quick line to say that after all the advice and tips i just could not get my inanimate object to work correctly. therefore i took the advice of KATZDVD (and others) and did a complete reinstall. now up and running normally (with extra protection of course!!!!!!). THANK YOU ALL for the advice and tips. its nice to know there are people out there willing to spare there time to help others. God bless you all and once again THANK YOU.

best regards

robfromhull

Comment

• bjorksd
                • Sep 2006

i guys help me please
                everytime i convert a video in itunes to ipod formate ,yes it convert the video but with no sound somebody know why and how i can fixed or some program there i can use??

Comment

Working...