• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • katzdvd
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Feb 2006

Virtual Memory Issue/Too Much Video?

Well, I have this friend (no really) that has a recurring problem. 160 GB HD partitioned 4 ways; He keeps the video on the last partition, which is 60 GB. The issue is that when this partition gets nearly full of video, he gets a "virtual memory" error.
    If he deletes/moves video off of this part., making more room on it, the error goes away.

Sys. restore is only turned on for the "C" drive. I don't understand what is going on here, since the partition is basically just a storage area. Why would there be a virtual memory problem on just a storage drive? The "C" drive is kept fairly clean, not maxed out. Any ideas on this one?

regards, katz
    Last edited by katzdvd; 28 Oct 2006, 09:48 PM.
  • katzdvd
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Feb 2006

Well, I believe we've got to the bottom of this one. This is a follow up post for reference in case anyone else experiences these problems.

Had to do with the paging file/location. The Microsoft link pretty much explains what to do about it, how to configure page file, etc. Also discovered that hugh temp files are created during video editing, etc., & who cleans out their temp files on a regular basis?

regards, katz

Comment

Working...