Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phillip
    • May 2006

How To Make A Connection Between A Sound Card And A Tv Card

Guys<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>
    I am still trying to solve my puzzle with the TV Card....my sound card works fine when I play audio from the computer but works different with the TV card coz the picture is perfect but there is no sound.<o></o>
    <o></o>
    My device manager shows that there are drives in and i see no ! or *.....i am begginning to think there is no connection between my sound card and my tv card......<o></o>
    <o></o>
    i am using Winfast XP 2000 TV Turner card....any ideas how i can make this connection?<o></o>
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

Connect the Audio OUT of ur TV Tuner Card to Line In of the Sound Card with a small Stereo Jack( usually supplied with the TV Tuner Card).
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

yeah mine came with it too, just a small cord from one unit to the other, completely on the outside of the machine.
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Phillip
        • May 2006

Thanks guys, I tried this.

Funy enough the slot i have been thinking that is for the audio speakers turned out to be for the remote control. The are other slots but there is no cable that matches any slots in the pc sound card area. The other two slots i used for the fm and tv antena.

I noticed something when I was playing around with the software cd.....the cd gives options for installing drivers and utilities for different winfast programmes including winfast xp 2000.....only problem is that the instructions on the screen are that you use a button in the remote control to select the progarmme which you want to install the drivers an utilities for but i have pressed the buttons on the remote control still i m not able to select winfast 2000 xp.....the remote works well on the tv and pc i am even able to restart my computer with it but i cant select the drivers and utilities for winfast xp 2000 from the software with it on the computer screen....it doesnt seem to respond to the software cd

what do u think?

Comment

• paglamon
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2005

Funy enough the slot i have been thinking that is for the audio speakers turned out to be for the remote control. The are other slots but there is no cable that matches any slots in the pc sound card area. The other two slots i used for the fm and tv antena.
          Here is the picture of the ports of my TV Tuner Card. Do you say yours is different?
          Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.
          sigpic

Comment

• Phillip
            • May 2006

Thanks Pgla....i'd say mine doesnt have the audio inlet and oulet.....if i am succeful with attaching here is what it looks like

Is it the same? any ideas?

Comment

• Phillip
              • May 2006

here is what my drivers look like

Comment

• Phillip
                • May 2006

any ideas?

Comment

• Abuilder
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  • Oct 2006

Phillip
                  The only thing I can think of is, make sure your TV card software is sending out audio to the VIA AC97 audio (WDM) and not to The Legacy Audio driver.
                  They tried to Assimilate me and failed!

Comment

• Phillip
                    • May 2006

Originally Posted by Abuilder
                    Phillip
                    The only thing I can think of is, make sure your TV card software is sending out audio to the VIA AC97 audio (WDM) and not to The Legacy Audio driver.
                    ABuilder the next daft question to ask is how? when i click on my drivers they are all enabled so how do i make sure that my TV card software is sending out audio to the Via AC97 audio.......

here is what my audio out control line configuration options look like:

the audio in configuration options look like this:

i tried to play around but i dont seem to get it,i am thinking maybe there is some simple amerture stupidity i conduct here, sound could be just a click away. what do u think?

Comment

• Abuilder
                      Digital Video Enthusiast
                      Digital Video Enthusiast
                      • Oct 2006

Phillip
                      On that second Pic it shows (on the right side) that your audio device is “VIA audio wave” Ok that’s good.
                      BUT in the box below that “Audio-out control line” is set to your “pc-speaker” and not your sound card. Click the down arrow on the right and change that to your sound card.
                      That should do it.
                      Were you getting any odd random beeps when you where trying to watch things on the TV card?
                      They tried to Assimilate me and failed!

Comment

• paglamon
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • Aug 2005

Phillip, take a look here:http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/...k-2000-expert/
                        sigpic

Comment

• Phillip
                          • May 2006

Originally Posted by Abuilder
                          Phillip
                          On that second Pic it shows (on the right side) that your audio device is “VIA audio wave” Ok that’s good.
                          BUT in the box below that “Audio-out control line” is set to your “pc-speaker” and not your sound card. Click the down arrow on the right and change that to your sound card.
                          That should do it.
                          Were you getting any odd random beeps when you where trying to watch things on the TV card?
                          Thanks Abuilder sorry to take time to respond had to go write exam despite my night long displeasure with the sound problem....

i have tried the rest of the options on the down arrow although i cannot say which is exactly for the tv card.....when i play tv there no beeps.....microsft media player plays well......another last resort would be to go to the computer shop and ask them what the problem is....i'll read below and see what Plag is coming up with....thanks for the help

Comment

• Phillip
                            • May 2006

Originally Posted by paglamon

Good job Pagla thanks a lot, what i didnt have is the sound card motherboard audio in connector. The link you gave answered how.....problem solved and i have learnt so much now..........thanks

Comment

• paglamon
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • Aug 2005

Glad to know ur problem is solved.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...