Using USB Plantronics Headset for gaming...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • katzdvd
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Feb 2006

Using USB Plantronics Headset for gaming...

Is it "normal" for the sound to be dead in the pc speakers when the USB headset is connected?

EDIT: Can't hear myself in the headset when gaming, but others in the game can hear me fine, & I can hear them; I just can't hear my own voice.

Is this right?
    Last edited by katzdvd; 8 Feb 2007, 02:09 PM.
  • fozziebear
    • Feb 2007

It depends how your sound settings are, the question is do you want to hear your own voice in your headset?

Comment

• Dan
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Dec 2005

That sounds right to me katz, I have only played Tom Clancy type games with headset. I would think it would be distracting and sound like feedback hearing your own voice too.

Comment

• katzdvd
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Feb 2006

To me, it is distracting not hearing your own voice! I'm wearing the headset, which covers the ears, in turn "muffling" the sound of my own voice, but then, the other game sounds are present in the headset.

That is almost like playing live music on a stage with no monitor speaker setup! It doesn't seem "normal". I have looked thru the audio settings, & didn't see anything pert. to this setup, though.

Comment

• fozziebear
          • Feb 2007

If you double click on the speakerphone in right hand below, than under options advanced what do you see than when you select the various devices there?

Comment

• katzdvd
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Feb 2006

If you double click on the speakerphone in right hand below, than under options advanced what do you see than when you select the various devices there?
            Are you referring to speaker settings/configurations, or volume control properties?

Comment

• fozziebear
              • Feb 2007

Actually to both

Comment

Working...