X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sparky21
    • Mar 2007

Ripping DVD audio to MP3

Hi Folks,

Before posting this request I have hunted this forum a bit and also tried a few software tools, that blocked me from being to rip the audio from any DVD into MP3 format, because of copyright protection on the DVD, in spite of the fact that I own the DVD's.

So I have tried not to waste everyones time but ....

Does anyone know of a tool that can rip the Audio out of a DVD (Inspite of copy right protection) directly from the DVD?
    I.E. I want to be able to place the original DVD into a drive and have a ripping tool extract only the audio track from the DVD, without having to rip to a .VOB or MPEG or something else first.

Any takers?
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

Welcome to the forum

I want to be able to place the original DVD into a drive and have a ripping tool extract only the audio track from the DVD, without having to rip to a .VOB or MPEG or something else first.
    DVD Decrypter, IFO Mode, Stream Processing. It won't be able to handle some of the newer releases, however. You'll either have to rip them with Ripit4Me first, or dare I say it (Sorry Les!), have something like AnyDVD running in the background and then process with DVD Decrypter. DGIndex does a great job on unencrypted VOBs.

Edit: almost forgot; encode to mp3 with something like Belight or foobar2k
    Last edited by anonymez; 8 Mar 2007, 07:32 PM.
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• sparky21
      • Mar 2007

Originally Posted by anonymez
      Welcome to the forum

DVD Decrypter, IFO Mode, Stream Processing. It won't be able to handle some of the newer releases, however. You'll either have to rip them with Ripit4Me first, or dare I say it (Sorry Les!), have something like AnyDVD running in the background and then process with DVD Decrypter. DGIndex does a great job on unencrypted VOBs.

Edit: almost forgot; encode to mp3 with something like Belight or foobar2k
      Thanks for the welcome!

And yes DVD Decrypter work fine with a resulting .VOB file, but now foobar2000 tells me that it can not handle a .VOB file. Yelp?

Cheers

Comment

• techreactor
        Banned
        • Jul 2005

DVD audio ripper is an excellent tool to rip audio from the DVD.

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

And yes DVD Decrypter work fine with a resulting .VOB file, but now foobar2000 tells me that it can not handle a .VOB file. Yelp?
          You need to demux the ac3 track with DVD Decrypter via IFO Mode/Stream Processing.

For foobar2k to accept ac3 input, get the component here, place it in the components folder in \program files\foobar2000. You'll also need the LAME cli encoder, place lame.exe & lame_enc.dll in \program files\foobar2000.
          Last edited by anonymez; 8 Mar 2007, 08:51 PM. Reason: fixed link

Comment

• sparky21
            • Mar 2007

Yep but .....

Assuming the .vob file is actually a AC3 file format, I can not see how DVD Decrypter can reload the resulting .VOB back into itself to in turn convert that via IFO Mode/Stream Processing, or .....?

Also got the AC3 input no worries for 2000 but can not see Lame there. Is it located somewhere else?

Comment

• anonymez
              Super Moderator
              • Mar 2004

Assuming the .vob file is actually a AC3 file format
              VOBs are MPEG Program Streams

I can not see how DVD Decrypter can reload the resulting .VOB back into itself to in turn convert that via IFO Mode/Stream Processing, or .....?
              Pop the DVD into the drive, run DVD Decrypter.

Or since it looks like you have already decrypted the DVD, you can use DGIndex instead. Open the VOBs, click File-->Save Project.

Also got the AC3 input no worries for 2000 but can not see Lame there. Is it located somewhere else?
              Download LAME MP3 Encoder 4.0, LAME 3.101, 3.99.5, 3.98.4 : LAME MP3 Encoder is the best mp3 encoder and is available for free!
              Last edited by anonymez; 8 Mar 2007, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Working...