X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • durkinjt
    Banned
    • Jun 2006

Vista administrator privilege

I recently Installed Vista over Windows XP, a lot of headaches, the most recent is I tried to update my firmware and got this message "Access denied must have administrative privelege"When I sign on I have to give my adminstrative privelege password. What do you have to do get it to recognize I am the Administrator?
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

everything you didn't want to know, they are protecting you from yourself

Comment

• durkinjt
      Banned
      • Jun 2006

Originally Posted by Chewy
      http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window....mspx?mfr=true

everything you didn't want to know, they are protecting you from yourself
      Thanks for the link Chewy,but I could not heads or tails of that jibberish.

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

Me neither, typical MS tech talk stuff

what it did talk about was your account not being a true administrative account

Comment

• atifsh
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2003

vista has a security called UAC that u can disable
          user acess control i guess, im not on vista right now so cant be specific
          what u can do is right click ur file and chose ... " open/run as admistrator
          "
          Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• anonymez
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2004

One of the new Mac ads poke fun at UAC. While it is intrusive just after a clean install (pops up when installing drivers/software and changing preferences), it's really not that bad after everything is set up, and can be disabled/enabled easily. Funny how Mac (and Linux) have something very similar to it.

Doesn't bug me nearly as much as the Vista "WOW" ads... the main feature it seems to be advertising is Flip3D, which i got bored of after 30 minutes. Check out compiz/beryl for some REAL effects, that look far better than Flip3D, and might just help productivity too

Last edited by anonymez; 17 Mar 2007, 12:12 PM.
            "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...