Outlook error -- what the ¡&^%)! did I do?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mens_sana
    • Mar 2006

Outlook error -- what the ¡&^%)! did I do?

Microsoft Office Outlook —— This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.

That's the message. It suddenly started poping up yesterday when I click on a hyperlink contained in an MSNGroup e-mail. I'm the only administrator and I'm running XP and Office Basic 2003. I've gone through all the options and settings in Outlook and Word that seemed even distantly related, as well as the options in System Mechanic 7. Arrrggghh!
    Q6600 2.4Ghz; ASUS Striker Extreme
    3GB DDR2; EVGA 8800GTS
    WD VelociRaptor 300GB C:\; 2 WD Caviar Black 1TB: F:\ & G: ; 1 Seagate 1TB 31000340AS H:\
    Samsung SH-202N & 203N
    XP Pro
    LG L226WT monitor
  • Dan
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Dec 2005

Try the suggestions on the support site, hopefully it works for you.

You receive an error message when you try to set Internet Explorer as your default browser in Windows. Provides a resolution.

Comment

• mens_sana
      • Mar 2006

I saw that support memo, but when I got to Internet Options/Programs, there was no Reset Web Settings to click on. (Visualize tears of frustration)

However, I just now fixed the problem. It was in a most unlikely place. There was a defective Word Normal Template. I deleted that and now the links work just fine. (I sure wish I liked OpenOffice better!)

Thanks for your speedy reply.
      Q6600 2.4Ghz; ASUS Striker Extreme
      3GB DDR2; EVGA 8800GTS
      WD VelociRaptor 300GB C:\; 2 WD Caviar Black 1TB: F:\ & G: ; 1 Seagate 1TB 31000340AS H:\
      Samsung SH-202N & 203N
      XP Pro
      LG L226WT monitor

Comment

• Dan
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Dec 2005

I'm glad you got it fixed. Your problem and solution could come in handy for others who may encounter a similar problem.

Comment

Working...