• Show
Clear All
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

using two burners at once :)

ok before somone through me golden rules for burning, this was just for my
    curiosity i wanna see what will happen if i try to burn files simultaneously.
    well in short one of the drive failed and hung at varification, other hung at 99 % and i had to force shutdown PC.
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!
  • techreactor
    Banned
    • Jul 2005

It shouldnt be behaving like that, you should be able to burn as long as adequate resources are present, can you please post your configuration.

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

the problem is usually trying to send data from one hard drive to 2 burners at the same time, I recently found out that it's almost as bad as trying to burn 2 different sets of data on one harddrive at the same time

My tests have found that you might as well burn at 8x one disk at a time
      as even try 4X 2 disks at a time

It's easy with 2 hard drives and 2 burners all on seperate cables to burn 2 disks at 8X

Comment

• NightTran
        King of Digital Video
        King of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by atifsh
        ok before somone through me golden rules for burning, this was just for my
        curiosity i wanna see what will happen if i try to burn files simultaneously.
        well in short one of the drive failed and hung at varification, other hung at 99 % and i had to force shutdown PC.
        if you have sata drives or diff patitions, then you have two burners with separate cable you can burn two at one time. I did post a screen shot in dare burning when I burn three at one time ( I have seen pp post screen shot burn ten at one time)
        sigpic

Comment

• atifsh
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2003

Chewy
          yes i was burning from single harddrive to 2 burners. will try to burn frm 2 hardrivs again and post.

techreactor
          200 gb sata harddrive + philips 8701 + liteon 16H5S + 2gb ram + 3 Ghz P4 . philips stuck at 99 , liteon at verification.
          Last edited by atifsh; 23 Apr 2007, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• atifsh
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2003

Originally Posted by NightTran
            if you have sata drives or diff patitions, then you have two burners with separate cable you can burn two at one time.
            u mean if i try seperate cable i can burn on 2 burners from single drive? my drives on sata so i can do that.

Comment

• NightTran
              King of Digital Video
              King of Digital Video
              • Aug 2005

the source are in diff HD and the burners are separate cable ( if you have sata burners then I am sure you are fine)

I used DVDD I dont know about imgburn or nero burning
              sigpic

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

using a single hard drive won't work right, whether it's serial or pata

in theory it might if both burners were identical and you were using nero,
                only one instance and the files to be written to the hard drive were buffered in ram, my son and I have done this in the past at 4X almost as fast as burning a single disk, at 8X my tests worked but took almost as long as a single 4X burn

Since I don't have matching dvd burners I can't retest

Comment

• atifsh
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • May 2003

Originally Posted by NightTran
                  the source are in diff HD and the burners are separate cable ( if you have sata burners then I am sure you are fine)

I used DVDD I dont know about imgburn or nero burning
                  no i dont have sata burners.
                  but atleast i know now i can burn [in theory] i can burn with seperate hardrives, have to test that on my system, for any future requirments of burning with 2 writers at once.

thnks all for the info.

Comment

Working...