X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Houdini
    • Jul 2007

Graphic card conflict

Hi,
    I recently had to strip my hard drive and reboot from scatch. I manage to get everything up and running but hit a problem when I click on Premiere 6.
    The screen goes black for a couple of seconds and then kicks in and loads Premiere but by passes the Matrox 650 and switches to basic motherboard graphic mode. Even the tray icons on the task bar are affected so some instruction is being given to windows it seems to switch to the motherboard graphic utility.
    I've tried changing the acceleration of the card and a few other things etc but can't seem to get anywhere. All other application seems to work fine. I even loaded Pinnacle suit 7 as a test and that again works fine.
    I did notice however that when I opened Premiere with the appalling graphics and connected my camera the capture monitor suddenly behaved correctly as if it was recogonising the matrox P650. But once footage was capture it returned to the motherboard graphics again once in the timeline and monitor window.
    I really don't know what to do here and would appreciate any help or ideas yo have.

Thanks for your time onthis,

Houdini
  • katzdvd
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Feb 2006

Just a wild stab here... What does the dev. manager look like? Any exclamation and/or question marks? Are all the drivers loaded for the Matrox card?

Comment

Working...