X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noah_henry
    Banned
    • Jul 2007

Program for enhancement?

Hi, I'm wondering if there is a program out there that can enhance my digital images, so they don't look so flat?"
    <!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
    <!--[endif]-->
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

changing brightness, contrast or gradation curves should be even possible with any freeware image manipulation tool

which software do you use now?

here are freeware solutions worth looking at:

- Photofiltre
    - Image InDepth
    Last edited by UncasMS; 26 Jul 2007, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• Kabuchan
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      • Apr 2006

There are a few of them that might do the trick. XnView, IrfanView, and possibly FastStone. All free, hope you find what you need
      That was Zen, this is Tao

My Gallery

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

in addtition to "editing" your pictures it may be important to use raw format if available and not simply save to jpg inside your camera.

when you store your images in raw format you should be able to apply changes in terms of white balance, lightness, contrast, saturation, sharpness etc and then convert the raw picture with applied setting to jpg but you will still be able to change or reset the settings in your raw picture at any time.

this way you can more safely "edit" your pictures and alter certain aspects on a non destructable basis.
        Last edited by UncasMS; 6 Aug 2007, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• Kabuchan
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          • Apr 2006

My favorite program is one I got free with my first camera, Adobe PhotoDeluxe. I've been using it for close to 8 years and it's an abridged version of PS. There isn't much I can't do with it.

I also save all my pics raw and then manipulate them and save them as a different file. What suits me one day doesn't always look right the next.
          That was Zen, this is Tao

My Gallery

Comment

• locoeng
            Who Farted?
            • Dec 2005

Picasa does what I want it to as well...

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
            Walt Kelly

Comment

Working...