Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vip
    • Apr 2004

System restore wont work + Internet is dead

My computer at home wont connect to the internet anymore and system restore wont let me restore to an earlier date. I have checked with my ISP and the connection is fine.
    It stopped logging onto the net right after I noticed system restore stopped working.
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

Do a total antivirus and antispyware scan,Hijackthis scan,Trojanhunter scan all in SAFE MODE with the internet cable unplugged and report.
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by paglamon
      Do a total antivirus and antispyware scan,Hijackthis scan,Trojanhunter scan all in SAFE MODE with the internet cable unplugged and report.
      good post, standard procedure when one of those nasties takes over control of your computer

a good safety precaution, besides using firefox with noscript or switching over to linux, would be to have a boot cd ready with av scanning capabilities

Comment

• Vip
        • Apr 2004

Ok cool, I wont be able to report untill next week as im not at home but hopefully it works.

Now, my hijackthis isnt straight into my c: drive can you guys give me the links again on how to do this ( i will print out the page).
        Also a link on how to get my computer onto safe mode please.

Thanks heaps guys.
        Damian.

Comment

• Vip
          • Apr 2004

hmmm, I dont have trojan hunter as well. Is it a boot CD or disk? if worst comes to worst then I might have to re-format, but that is my last option....

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

download trojan hunter(google)

download the manual update files

transfer and install on the problem computer

basic skills are required for these kind of repairs, you should get someone to help you until you figure it out

av and spyware programs and their updates can be done in a similar fashion

this forum specializes in this kind of problems
            A free community and discussion forum for answering Computer Help, Security, and Technical Support questions.

Comment

• Vip
              • Apr 2004

Im back online, seems as though somthing crashed hard because not even the computer guy who I take it to could fix the problem or find it.. He formatted it for me but saved all my pic and movies for me.

Thanks for your help guys.

Comment

Working...