X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jensen
    Better to be pissed off than pissed on!
    • Aug 2007

Trouble Playing Burned Media in PS3

I've been having trouble getting the playback I want from both a regular dvd player, and my PS3. I really would like to create a disc that works for both, the upscaler does add quality. So far a data disc is all I've had work properly on the ps3, even though my latest trial and error showed dvd+rw played in ps3 but wouldnt #1 skip to next title, #2 fast forward at more than 10x, infact when it reached 10x the ps3 froze completely. BUT in the regular dvd player... it completely works! Looking for tips from ps3 users either successful @ burning 1 disc for both mediums. Even so the ps3 plays the episodes all the way thru, the last skip in every title doesnt work or better said, the chapter after video source doesnt work on the ps3 but does in a reg dvd player.
    Last edited by Jensen; 13 Aug 2007, 01:41 AM.
  • locoeng
    Who Farted?
    • Dec 2005

Could it be a media compatability issue or even a format issue? Verbatim discs have a high degree of compatability and even more so when booktyping +R discs.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
    Walt Kelly

Comment

• Jensen
      • Aug 2007

Originally Posted by locoeng
      Could it be a media compatability issue or even a format issue? Verbatim discs have a high degree of compatability and even more so when booktyping +R discs.
      Im going to find out, probably tomorrow. Ill be picking some disc's up then.

Comment

• Jensen
        • Aug 2007

Well Im using verbatims dvd+r and that did resolve 1 of 2 problems. The not being able to fast-foward 10x or more. I think the not being able to skip to the next title while in the last chapter in previous title may have something to do chapter line being within 2mins to the nexted title. The annoying part is it works in a regular dvd player, not in the ps3. Maybe this a blue-ray player problem.

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

The annoying part is it works in a regular dvd player, not in the ps3. Maybe this a blue-ray player problem.
          I wouldn't wear out the ps3 playing something any 40-50$ player can do and upconvert
          players are coming way down

Comment

• Jensen
            • Aug 2007

[quote=Chewy;541036]I wouldn't wear out the ps3 playing something any 40-50$ player can do and upconvert
            players are coming way down[/quote

Your right, just wish I had $50 to buy one lol.

Comment

• locoeng
              Who Farted?
              • Dec 2005

You can get a decent DVD player at wally world for the about the same amount as a spindle of blank discs.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
              Walt Kelly

Comment

Working...