Clear All
  • Derree
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
    that's OK there's one guy who's definitely smart enough even in Regina

go into the bathroom and look above the sink
    LOL I like that chooie,,,well maybe I will hold off on this pc, go do some more looking around on Monday, I am going in on Tuesday to apply for the loan and need to have a quote on paper on that day...so would you think if I picked up a better motherboard and ram for that pc it would be good? I will admit that I am one of those shoppers that likes to have it all put together for me and not have to then install the motherboard etc...
    sigpic

Turn down the suck...Turn up the
    good
    -------------------------------------------

Comment

• copyless
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Apr 2006

@ gonwk

I have actually bought several items from them and have never had any problems with their service. Everything I bought, I received very quickly, and once I changed my mind on a purchase and had no problem stopping the order and having my money refunded.

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

been lookin' at that one

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...gon=&langid=EN

since I am spending your money stooie, might as well have something with a decent video card and will make dvd rebuilder fly
        I've been lookin' at that HP M9150F. For us who like to remove from box and plug in stock, another consideration is that HP Intel prebuilt systems like this have the 10/100/1000 wired ethernet whereas all the machines I've seen with the phenom chip have only 10/100. Eventually 10/100/1000 routers should get cheap so I don't wanna' be held back by getting a new machine with a slow network interface.

One thing I didn't like was it looks like the case is back to closed-box with a couple of vents design. The X2 AMD machine in my sig has nearly the entire surface of one side-panel perforated. Don't have to worry about the vent being clogged by dust.

Comment

• cache
          • Dec 2004

I want to buy a new PC and am considering this one.http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...gon=&langid=EN
          is this over kill?? should I look at something different??? any help is appreciated.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
            Queen of Digital Video
            Queen of Digital Video
            • Jan 2004

the heart of any computer is the motherboard and the power supply, soup and blu don't build their own but know enough to go to someone that they trust and get a good custom performance unit built. This costs more but gives you the option to keep using windows xp, imagine if you hate vista then have to wipe it and buy xp to load and then find that HP doesn't have the drivers for XP.

I do the same I know 2 guys that build computers for a living and love to pick up side jobs. My computers were custom build too with everything I really wanted and more. Just starting to learn how to put them together myself but I still dont know enough to build my own with out help from the forums or my computer guys.

If you can find someone that is good with stuff like that I would have one build any day of the week rather then buying an already made pc.

$1,000 can build a pretty good computer with a good video card.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

Working...