server2008 is faster then vista as a workstation.....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

server2008 is faster then vista as a workstation.....

after reading tons of stuff about server08 as workstaion is way better then vista i gave it a try......
    got iso image frm microsoft, burnt it to dvd installed it to my laptop,
    giving password [mandatory] was a hassel, no matter what password i gave it gave error, only after some time i figured it out, u have to use one cap letter and one digit in ur password.

rest of the setup was quick, very quick. first thing i noticed there was no user account control prompts though it was enabled, i shut it anyway, installed desktop experience, wifi, changed account policy to remove pasword once for all, remove ctrl-alt-dell, installed dell vista foreceware drivers for display, enabled audio, enabled Aero. thats it no tools required.

shut it down and started again and well fast very fast. then i just closed the lid to check and it hibernates quick, and resuming was a flash.

end result, well no its not a workstation we all wanted [as mentioned in many websites] because its still a server, u cant install many programs like messenger, that are must these days............
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!
Working...