• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hello people
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Apr 2005

Resulotion insanity

I have an Nvidia 6800gt and an LG 19 inch 5000:1 WT monitor.

I install the drivers for the LG...fire up the recommended res....1440x900....no problems.

I leave my computer on for a day and restart it. It's forgotten the res, though the driver for the monitor still says 'LG'...so...same driver.

This time though the res has gone back to 1360x768...everything looks ****...but there's no res above that...ie the 1440x900 is not an option anymore.

I roll back drivers, reinstall drivers...reinstall nvidia drivers

But can't get the 1440x900 recommended res back.

What am I doing wrong here?

Any help would be great

thanks
    music
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

do you have links for the video card and the monitor?

Comment

• hello people
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Apr 2005

Yeah sure. Here's the gfx card:

And here's the monitor (note that my monitor is the 5000:1 version, not the 2000:1 version):

I appear to have solvesd the problem by adding a custom resolution in my nvidia options. Doing that I can set the res to the recommended 1440x900. But I haven't shut down and restarted the compter yet....so not sure if it's set in stone.

If it reverts back to some crappy res on a restart I'll be back to square one.
      music

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

we need the actual model number for the monitor and the manufacturer and model number for the vid card

Comment

• atifsh
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2003

happened to me once or twice and usually uninstalling video and monitior drivers then restarting would solve the problem. then after windows updates its own drivers i install drivers from nvidia.
          Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• hello people
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
            we need the actual model number for the monitor and the manufacturer and model number for the vid card
            I appreciate the help chewy...but things seem to be stable now. If I have anymore problems I will find out the model numbers and post back.

thanks
            music

Comment

Working...