X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Junkie_ball
    • Jan 2004

User Account Control

Hi,

I have Vista Home Premium install and have turned the user account control (UAC)off for two reasons one I like full control of my own computer and second the pop-ups every time you start a program or install something new drives me mad!

My question is there any way of stopping Vista Security Centre displaying a message every time I turn the computer on warning me it maybe at risk and then having the annoying red shield placed in the taskbar whilst leaving UAC most defiantly and permanently OFF!?

Must admit with so many compatability issues and annoying issues i'm thinking of going back to my XP Pro and only had it installed a month!
    SYSTEM:

Pentioum Duo 6400, 8 GB Ram, 500Gb Hardrive, 32x DVD Rom, 16 x TCorp Duel Layer Burner, Geforce 7900GTX.

Bow to the gods of Digital-Digest

http://www.wix.com/martinhopkins/designandphotography
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

Lots of Vista customizations on this site (even though it says 64 bit a lot of the stuff
    applies to 32 bit Vista also)

afa turning off all the annoying stuff, most of the settings I found by google.

edit: make sure you check out the Tutorial section on the site. That's where
    most of the stuff lives about turning UAC and other notifications off, getting
    explorer to remember details you want etc.. The tutorials have screen shots
    and usually .reg downloads to automate the registry hacks.
    Last edited by MilesAhead; 19 Jun 2008, 03:44 AM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Working...