• Show
Clear All
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Nero 7 Ultra Edition or Nero 6.6.0.14 OEM

Hi folks,

I looked thru many posts here and elsewhere and I did not see my answer ...

Q: Which one of the following 2 NERO versions would install on your new laptop ...

- Nero OEM which has Nero Express 6.6.0.14, Nero Vision Express 2 (3.1.0.14), Nero Showtime 2.0.0.39

OR

- Nero 7 Ultra Edition.

Now I have to tell you folks ... I had installed Nero 7 Ultra before on my desktopand keep acting up on me ... CRASHING ... the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH ... so I uninstalled the darn thing. I went the OEM 6.6 and everything was and is fine.

Now I have a brand spanking new laptop with XP Pro SP2 on it ... and I wonder if I should stay with my trusty NERO 6.6 or jump to NERO 7 and chance the BLue Screen of Death!?!?!

Thanks,

G!
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

Well if I was going to install Nero at all on a laptop, with XP Pro 32 bit, I would install 6, but I would update it all the way.

Comment

• gonwk
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2005

Hi Soup,

Thanks for your relpy ... you see in my earlier post what I have on the OEM 6.6 version ...

Q1: When you say update it all the way ... where would I get the updates from? I don't think NERO website has any updates for 6 version ... sinc eI think they are trying to push 7 or even 8.

Q2: What did you mean "EVEN" if I wanted to install Nero on a new laptop or computer? Well, what do YOU recommend?

BTW, my new laptop came with Full Version of Cyberlink DVD Suite 5.0 which has "Power DVD", "Power Producer", "Power BackUp", "Power 2 Go ", Medi@Show, "Photo Now!" ... which I am only familiar with the Power DVD playback portion.

Q3: What do you think of Cyberlink Suite ... have you ever used it? Or anyone else on the Forum?

THANKS,

G!

Comment

• soup
        Just Trying To Help
        • Nov 2005

Originally Posted by gonwk
        Hi Soup,

Thanks for your relpy ... you see in my earlier post what I have on the OEM 6.6 version ...

Q1: When you say update it all the way ... where would I get the updates from? I don't think NERO website has any updates for 6 version ... sinc eI think they are trying to push 7 or even 8.

Q2: What did you mean "EVEN" if I wanted to install Nero on a new laptop or computer? Well, what do YOU recommend?

BTW, my new laptop came with Full Version of Cyberlink DVD Suite 5.0 which has "Power DVD", "Power Producer", "Power BackUp", "Power 2 Go ", Medi@Show, "Photo Now!" ... which I am only familiar with the Power DVD playback portion.

Q3: What do you think of Cyberlink Suite ... have you ever used it? Or anyone else on the Forum?

THANKS,

G!
        Q1: Try this link, for an e-mail I normally use something like, noway or nochance(at)notonyourlife.com, it always passes. Download to your machine & install, do not touch INCD, (as you know) & do not install from site.

Nero Platinum - 7 programmes en une suite ! ✓ Montage vidéo ✓ Streaming ✓ Sécurité des données ✓ Conversion ✓ Gravure ✓ Radio mondiale ► Plus d'informations

Q2: My statement comes from what I have viewed, heard & read RE: laptops, the order of the day seems to be less bloat. Now if you are going to use everything to do with Nero, then I say go for it, but if you are only going to burn, then I think you know what my answer would be, (hint: ImgBurn).

Q3: Again it comes down to what you are going to use. I had the opportunity to install 5, but never took it. I had PowerDvd7 installed, but I have given up on all players except VLC Media Player & Media Player Classic for the boss.

This is only my opinion, you are going to have to decide what you need & don't need to use remembering that more is not better when it comes to laptops.

EDIT: BTW I have Nero7 installed on my 64 side & from what I have been told, they have worked the kinks out of it from when it first came out.
        Last edited by soup; 2 Jul 2008, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• gonwk
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Dec 2005

Hi Soup,

YOU ARE THE BEST ... Thanks Dude!

G!

Comment

• MilesAhead
            Eclectician
            • Nov 2006

gonwk I bought Nero Ultra v. 6 and I think the last update that I could put on that was usable was something like v 6.6.0.12 or .13 or .14 so if you do update, save whatver setup you need to restore to that version that you know works from experience. I could never find out what it was but my XP machine would just not burn with any Nero newer than 6.6.0.xx so I always had to go back to that.

I haven't installed Nero on my last couple of machines because I've been using Imgburn for DVD burning, burrrn for CD burning and separate video conversion software. Nero Burning Rom did have a nice little menu program that I used all the time when I was burning VCDs. But now there are plenty of DVD creation softwares that have easy menu
            creation so I don't feel compelled to install it again.

Comment

• soup
              Just Trying To Help
              • Nov 2005

Originally Posted by gonwk
              Hi Soup,

YOU ARE THE BEST ... Thanks Dude!

G!
              Just trying to help, but you are more than welcome. @MilesAhead, the latest for 6 is 6.6.1.15. It works for me.

Comment

• gonwk
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Dec 2005

Hi guys,

Milesahead and Soup ... THANKS for the input and heads up.

Hey Miles thanks for Reminding me the "Restore" function of XP ... I have not used it for ages since I have been behaving and not experimenting.

I think I will try to stay with the OEM version that I have on my desktop ... works like a charm.

I do use ImgBurn for all of my ISO burns ... but I like CD Copy and Data CD or Data DVD program or format of NERO ... I am used to it.

G!
                Last edited by gonwk; 4 Jul 2008, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Working...