X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

8 GB Quads with 64 bit Vista

Looks like the newest HP Quad Core PCs are coming through with 8 GB Ram and Vista Home Premium 64 bit. If I read the customer review correctly, on
    this model they dispensed with the TV tuner and video inputs. I noticed this
    machine pop up on Best Buy and it seems like a couple days later they already lopped over $100 off the price:

Phenom Quad w/8 GB Ram

The only review I saw on this CPU claimed it's slower than Intel Q6600 but
    I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on it as configured?
  • doctorhardware
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2006

The price is still too high IMHO.
    Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• NightTran
      King of Digital Video
      King of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

I will wait for the next window that is not Vista
      sigpic

Comment

• atifsh
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2003

next version is vista.... as i said before vista is fine if u have sp1 + fast cpu and 3+gb ram

Hier fassen wir die interessantesten Artikel, Tipps und Tricks sowie Downloads rund um das auch weiterhin beliebte Betriebssystem zusammen.
        Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• MilesAhead
          Eclectician
          • Nov 2006

I noticed on the HP business forums a thread about the m9340f Media Center PC from HP having strange "slow downs" that so far elude permanent cure. Weird. I wonder if it's something to do with memory handling. I guess now I have to watch these new machines for similar reports. I don't think I've heard of anything similar other than Windows Operating System clutter that slows a machine down after a period of time. Really strange.

I wonder how soon they'll have to use motherboards that handle > 8GB?? With the economy killing demand they'll have to do something to spice up sales for Christmas.

Comment

• MilesAhead
            Eclectician
            • Nov 2006

hmmmmmmm not sure it's a good time to get an HP Quad Core machine unless they've
            fixed this slowdown issue:

High End HP Slowdowns

If you get to the end of the thread it looks like the users have narrowed it down to a Power Supply heat issue. Unfortunately it's on more than one model of HP PC.

Comment

• jwo62
              Super Moderator
              • May 2005

i havnt seen this slowdown isuue.
              ________
              Whole life insurance forums
              Last edited by jwo62; 7 Mar 2011, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                Eclectician
                • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by jwo62
                i havnt seen this slowdown isuue.
                Hmmmmmm interesting. Stuff is sure moving fast though. Best Buy
                already has m9340f as Outlet Item sold out!! Looks like we're in a
                period of quick shifts again. Now they are putting out Intel Q9300
                PCs with 8 GB ram for $1200. Like the Phenom model, it has no
                TV tuner.

Comment

• jwo62
                  Super Moderator
                  • May 2005

i saw that one too when i was shopping at american. it has more ram,but less proccesor.

I wiil upgrade my ram eventually. i have already added a blu ray burner,second HD,1 TB, and a personal media drive for the removable media drive slot.

i noticed all of the posts concerning the slowdown issue were people that ordered thier pcs ,as opposed to picking out one at the store. personally,i have had horrible luck with the pcs i've ordered.
                  ________
                  Ltd (australia)
                  Last edited by jwo62; 7 Mar 2011, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                    Eclectician
                    • Nov 2006

Yeah, it's way more convenient to just drive down to the store and give them the box back if there's an issue. I look on BestBuy.com to see what's there but I'll only buy the PC from the brick & mortar store. DVD blanks and jewel cases are fine to buy online but I don't like to buy hardware that way. Just my own foible.

Comment

Working...