X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phillip
    • May 2006

Serious video camera problem

Guys please help

I bought a sony handycam (model DRC HC54E)..........i only realised now that it didnt have the software cd in the package and i bought whilst on holiday....now i dont know how to get my videous out of the camera...

i tried to hook it up in usb mode in a hope to copy files and edit with tempenc but still my computer cannot read the usb....it needs drivers!!

i have already googled this problem a little but it seems its not possible to buy the cd elsewhere...please help...is there any other way to have video files out of camera??
  • doctorhardware
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2006

Have you tried looking at the sony's web site for the camera software. Normally firewire is used to download the video from the camera. The newer camera's have a firewire connection. BTW what OS does your computer have.
    Last edited by doctorhardware; 14 Oct 2008, 03:39 AM.
    Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• Phillip
      • May 2006

doctor thanks for replying...i really need help on this

the sony webiste has some updates as big as 270 MB but the picture browser sofware that was supposed to come with the camera is not available for download.

my operating system is windows XP...i am sure i could use firewire to download the pictures..if i use it, would it eliminate the need fro drivers?? how expensive is firewire cable (i take its a cable same as USB maybe??)

do u think it would been better for me to buy a camera that uses dvd to record instead of tapes...i think the price for dvd cameras is hefty though

Comment

• doctorhardware
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2006

Another way you possibly could do it is to get a video capture card and download the movie to your computer that way. It would be cheaper than buying a new camera.
        Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• inspirevideo
          • Sep 2009

Just use windows movie maker which you should already have, basic but probably better than what sony give you anyway

Comment

• paglamon
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Aug 2005

but the picture browser sofware that was supposed to come with the camera is not available for download.

You really don't need the browser software to download the pics to your pc.As soon as you connect the cam to pc via USB,it will be detected as a removable drive(like a USB pen drive) and you can then just open the contents of the memory card and copy-paste.

Video from the cam is best transferred via Firewire. It is cheap.

Sony usb driver:http://www.freedriverload.com/all42238.html
            sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

Working...