X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mill
    Im Off To See The Wizard
    • Oct 2005

PowerDVD XP4

How do i get power dvd xp 4.0 to work with vista?
    Keep Plugin away
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

its very old and if vista doesnt install it u cant.
    just install some free mpeg2 codec and use media player or media center to watch dvd's. i think ffdshow comes with mpeg2 codec. vista ultimate doesnt require any codec it will play dvd's out of the box.
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• mill
      Im Off To See The Wizard
      • Oct 2005

Thanks atifsh,
      It installs, but it says it has a compatibility issue.Theres some patches out but dont no which one if any i should use.
      Keep Plugin away

Comment

• atifsh
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2003

last patch for powerdvd xp ver 4 was on 2003-08-22 [specific hardware], and updated version patch was of 2003-01-23 [for everyone]. so i dont think it will run on vista correctly.
        i do see there is a patch for powerdvd 5 to make it vista capable there. but u don't have that option .

Comment

• mill
          Im Off To See The Wizard
          • Oct 2005

atifsh i do have power dvd 5 ne also ,can you point the way to that patch?
          Keep Plugin away

Comment

• atifsh
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2003

same link u posted.... check the powerdvd 5 patches.

2007-02-09 Update Patch for Samsung PowerDVD5: This patch is for Samsung customers who purchase Samsung drive model SH-M522C\SH-M523A\SHM242D\SH-D162C\SH-D163A to download PowerDVD Vista compatible patch.

maybe ur version is not from samsung but u can try, or u can install the latest patch for ver 5 which may fixed the issue if its already not fixed in ver 5.

2007-11-12 Updates: This patch file updates PowerDVD 5.0 to PowerDVD 5.0 build 3430

Comment

• mill
              Im Off To See The Wizard
              • Oct 2005

Ok thanks again,one more thing ,is there a problem with vista and media player classic,or is just my pc?I get a message can not render file? (ISO FILE)
              Last edited by mill; 29 Oct 2008, 08:46 AM.
              Keep Plugin away

Comment

• atifsh
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • May 2003

no idea, google or ask in new post, never used media player classic

Comment

Working...