Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahgute
    • Jan 2007

DSL modem/router

Don't know if this is the appropriate forum for such a question, but here goes. Can you hook up two modem/routers of the same brand & model (Actiontec GT724R) to the same phone line? Any help greatly appreciated.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

generally speaking: yes you can

question is: what exactly do you intend to do?

use two modem router because you have two and 4-5 rj 45 ethernet ports are not enough so you want to use the ports of the sec ond modem router?

but what is your idea behind it?

Comment

• ahgute
      • Jan 2007

dsl modem/router

I have computers in two different rooms of the house, so instead of running cable from one end of the house to the other, I wish two hook up a mdem/router in each room. I've done some other research on the subject, & I've been told that it can be done but that I would have to disconnect one mode/router before I would be able to use the other. Thanks.

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

in case you do not manage to use two modem router (do you have them already or would you buy another one or two new ones?) take a look at so called POWER LAN

i have used DEVOLO power lan adapters in two cases similar to yours and they work very reliable:

a couple of pcs spread over the house and no chance of installing network cable.
        you simply use your power plug and existing cable

power lan works like this: c.f. Devolo power lan

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by ahgute
          I have computers in two different rooms of the house, so instead of running cable from one end of the house to the other, I wish two hook up a mdem/router in each room. I've done some other research on the subject, & I've been told that it can be done but that I would have to disconnect one mode/router before I would be able to use the other. Thanks.

that is right, why not just go wireless?

Comment

Working...