• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doctorhardware
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2006

MSI Gaming Notebooks

I am looking at getting a new notebook. I was looking at the 17" notebook. What do you all think about MSI.
    Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

they made fairly decent mobos thats i know, recent popularity gained by the wind... i may stay away specially for notebook for gaming
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• gonwk
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by doctorhardware
      I am looking at getting a new notebook. I was looking at the 17" notebook. What do you all think about MSI.
      Hi Doc,

MSI has been improving their builds lately ... btw, MSI has what they call Whitebooks ... meaning Barebone and you build yourself with other components.

Doc ... I personally, if possible, would stay away from Nvidia GPUs in a laptop ... they've been having issue with "Heating" problem ... I myself had bought a laptop with Nvidia card in it and was forced into returning it due to Heat issues. However, I relaize this MIGHT NOT be possible since every Tom Dick & Harry in the laptop industry still use Nvidia as choice 1 ... and refuse to punish them for their problems. So ... just make sure you get a decent cooler for your Gaming laptop.

The ATI GPUs run pretty darn nice!

Depending on how much you want to spend there are other choices available in Gaming Notebooks that are much better known names ... such as "CLEVO" or "COMPAL" ... these are all Original Manufacturers that built laptops for likes of DELL, HP, and so forth.

There are Resellers of these companies ... one that is Very Good is as follows ... Good Prices and Great Support ...

#1) Power NoteBooks

#2) XoticPC
      Custom build your next gaming computer, laptop, or notebook from our extensive selection and finance options. Take your gaming to the next level with XOTIC PC.

#3) RK COmputers

MSI Computers

Since 1999, we've paid our members over $3.2 Billion in Cash Back. Join now for an extra 10% Cash Back boost. Shop 3,500+ stores using coupons or cash back!

Buy.com is sold out of these bad boys ... but I am sure a little googling might help you find a Reseller.

The Three Resellers above I would go with what I have numbered in order of the Best for Customer Service ... #1 and #2 I can atest to they are the BEST in business. I have never dealt with RK ... but have heard they are A-OK. I personally would buy from #1.

Try to buy from the company that is outside of your STATE so you can SAVE yourself 8 to 10% in Sales Tax.

Or just look for a laptop on Sale from Best Buy ... usually get good Gaming Deals on Gateways.

Hope this was of some help!

G!
      Last edited by gonwk; 21 Jan 2009, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• doctorhardware
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2006

Gonwk, that I one thing that I have forgot about. They also have Intel based also. One of the laptops has a ATI HD 3860 which is also not a bad video card and it also has 512 meg of dedicated memory, I will take a look at the notebooks that you have listed.
        Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

Working...