X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ilisapesise
    Banned
    • Jan 2009

Anybody Know how to make ISO file?

It there any better way to make ISO files than to buy an imtoo iso studio?
    I don't wanna pay any penny for it. Is there any freeware could do as well as this app?
    I tried the free trial any it could make iso files and what it impressed me is it support to compress and extract files by drag-and-drop.

I know there are also some iso maker like magic maker, but indeed i want to a totally free and easy one. Plz help!
  • PurpleDemon
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Mar 2006

Imgburn is the way to go.

You might want to look at THESE guides and pay pay special attention to the build mode.

Imgburn will burn your iso or if you wish it can just build an iso from files.

Good Luck

Comment

• Ilisapesise
      Banned
      • Jan 2009

Originally Posted by burrell84601
      Imgburn is the way to go.

You might want to look at THESE guides and pay pay special attention to the build mode.

Imgburn will burn your iso or if you wish it can just build an iso from files.

Good Luck
      Thanks for your reply^^ I'd like something that could not only make but edit ISO image file anyway thanks alot

Comment

• blutach
        Not a god of digital video
        • Oct 2004

To edit the file, simply mount it with Daemon Tools and extract the files and remake the ISO. WinRAR can also extract files from ISOs.

Regards
        Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
        [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• Abuilder
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          • Oct 2006

I would shy away from deamon tools. I takes over your machine and is hard to get rid of. (sorry Les)
          A very good ISO creator/editor is ISO Master. It will let you completely manage ISO's.
          Although the Linux version is completely free, the Windows version is time limited to a 15 day fully working trial before you have to pay for it.
          Hint: Before running the windows version for the first time, set your system clock ahead by ? one year?
          Then set it back of course. LOL
          They tried to Assimilate me and failed!

Comment

• gonwk
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Abuilder
            I would shy away from deamon tools. I takes over your machine and is hard to get rid of. (sorry Les) ...
            Hi Abuilder,

For a Freeware Imaging Tool that works every time ... you can NOT beat Daemon Tool Lite ... it is a Great Program.

Q1: What do you mean by "Taking Over Your Machine"?

Q2: What do you like to use for Imaging Tool?

G!

Comment

• Abuilder
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              • Oct 2006

Originally Posted by gonwk
              Hi Abuilder,

For a Freeware Imaging Tool that works every time ... you can NOT beat Daemon Tool Lite ... it is a Great Program.

Q1: What do you mean by "Taking Over Your Machine"?

Q2: What do you like to use for Imaging Tool?

G!
              Q1:

Q2:
              Image burn, ISO master & 7zip
              I don't need any virtual drives.
              They tried to Assimilate me and failed!

Comment

• MilesAhead
                Eclectician
                • Nov 2006

If you like Daemon Tools I'd recommend v. 4.09HE or earlier. At least for 32 bit XP and Vista. I tried a few newer versions and always had "issues". 4.09HE peacefully coexists with my systems.

Comment

• gonwk
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Dec 2005

Hi folks,

@ ABuilder ... WOw dude ... Thanks for the Blu's Thread on this problem ... I am gonna have to read it ... but I have to run for now.

@ Miles ... I just turned off my laptop ... I will post which Version of DT I am using tomorrow.

The reason I got into using Daemon Tool (DT) is because I wanted to play my World of War Version 1.0 (2005 - 6CD version) without the pesky CD#1 ...

May be I uninstall the DT and use my "Alcohol 52%" instead ... since that works also.

Q1: Can I do a complete un-install of DT and get rid of all it's Traces or it's possible Spyware!?!?

I did tell Blu in another Thread that I did not Trust Freeware that come out of Russia (RU) ... they tend to have "Funny" attachments ... may be it is a Good Rule of Thumb for us Freeware lovers to stay away from RU products!!!

Thanks,

G!

Comment

• MilesAhead
                    Eclectician
                    • Nov 2006

@gonwk to be honest it's been so long since I messed with it that I don't remember specifics. I know there was some hassle to uninstall and I think there was some issue with spyware or adware. I sort of came to the conclusion that the version I left on was the "Last Good Version" and it sort of went out of memory. I keep a folder LastGoodVersion so if a free app has too many nag screens or runs adware I regress to the good version and forget about it. I don't use DT very often. Now and then I want to look inside an image. Usually an old Dos boot floppy image or something like that to see if it's any use burned to CD. That type of thing.

Comment

• gonwk
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Dec 2005

OK ... I am running

"Daemon Tools Lite 4.30.3" with SPTD version 1.56.

OK ... so what is the verdict on the above version?

G!

Comment

Working...