• Nov 2003

PCI with that chipset is terribly lame

mismatched components

Comment

• drfsupercenter
      NOT an online superstore
      • Oct 2005

So what are you saying Chewy?

I have a Dell Dimension 2350 box, all that remains from Dell is the case and motherboard/components. The video card I added since my integrated one wasn't enough to run games.

I have a Ubuntu live-booting CD, but what will that do? I noticed that the problem doesn't happen with PAL DVDs.

And the refresh rate is on 60Hz. It appears the only speeds my monitor supports are 59 and 60. Would 59 work better due to NTSC not being exactly 30fps?
      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
      My DVD Collection

Comment

• admin
        Administrator
        • Nov 2001

Try to use the native resolution of the monitor. Do you have the "wait for vertical refresh" or "vsync" option on for the 3D settings? And if so, do you get this effect in games?
        Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• drfsupercenter
          NOT an online superstore
          • Oct 2005

I am using the native resolution of the monitor, 1440x900.

I have no idea at those other settings, I just used Windows defaults but changed it to 60Hz. (Since the higher, the less likely to hurt your eyes)

I haven't played games since I got this monitor, really. Now that I have an Xbox 360 I'm playing games on the big screen and not my computer.
          CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
          Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
          My DVD Collection

Comment

• atifsh
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2003

I have a Ubuntu live-booting CD, but what will that do? I noticed that the problem doesn't happen with PAL DVDs.
            yeah i forgot this PAL part, otherwise it would help u getting out any windows / codec related issues.
            Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

Working...