• Show
Clear All
  • rock_king_my
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jul 2006

Ctrl Alt Delete Problem - Disabled by Admin

Hi.

I've been using broadband internet since Feb 2009 on my ACER 4920 laptop.

Specs:
    Intel Core 2 Duo
    Windows XP SP2

Recently I can't do the Ctrl Alt Delete function. I get this message :
    Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator

Didn't get this problem before I got internet access for this laptop.

Only I use this laptop, no other. There is no password to access this laptop / Windows XP part.

So have I been hacked? Spyware?

My firewall (Bitdefender 9 Prof Plus) made no complaints.
  • PurpleDemon
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Mar 2006

See if THIS might help.

The one I would look for would be method 4.

Good Luck

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop.
      • Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
      • Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
      • Click the Empty Selected button.
      • If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
        If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
      • If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
        If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
      • Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
      Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.34) and save it to your desktop.
      alternate download link 1
      alternate download link 2
      If you have a previous version of MBAM, remove it via Add/Remove Programs and download a fresh copy.
      • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
      • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
      • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
      • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
        • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
        • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
      • Then click Finish.
      MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
      • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.
      • Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
      • If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.
      On the Scanner tab:
      • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
      • Then click on the Scan button.
      • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
      • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
      • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
      • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
      Back at the main Scanner screen:
      • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
      • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
      • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
      • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
      • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
      Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.

Page 1 of 10 - How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs - posted in Security Mini-Guides: During the process of removing malware from your computer, there are times you may need to use specialized fix tools. This is especially true if you are receiving help from a member of the Malware Response Team (MRT). Certain embedded files that are part of these specialized fix tools may at times be detected by your anti-virus or anti-malware scanner as a RiskToo...

Comment

Working...