Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snagel
    • Apr 2006

Avira Premium Suite

I have been running AVG for quite some time now. Thought I would give Avira a try.
    I am a little confused. After doing a scan it shows warnings. But it does not show any option to get rid of the warnings.

AVG showed infections and warnings and after the scan you could get rid of both of them.

Can anyone explain how to get rid of the warnings in AVIRA or what they mean.

I thought I would try it just for the realtime protection. It is different and I am still trying to get used to the look and the feel of it.
    I also don't understand it quite like I did the Free version of AVG.

Your help would be appreciated
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by snagel
    ... Can anyone explain how to get rid of the warnings in AVIRA or what they mean. ...Your help would be appreciated
    Hi Snagel,

I don't use AVIRA Premium ... but, I do use Avira Free version and I scan my laptop every other day when bored with it ... it does give you Option of Quarantine (spelling), removal or ... so I am confused with your comment.

I assume AVIRA Premium live instant scan prevents you form getting a Spyware to begin with ...

I use Comodo Firewall with Defense option ... during installation it gives you the option of choosing it ... and put it in "Learning Mode". That I beleive takes care of my LIVE Protection ... pretty much covers me.

Comodo Firewall is a network security system that monitors and controls the network traffic based on predetermined security rules. Get now for $29.99/Year.

If you have a Nasty Virus then download these two Freewares and run them each one at a time and see what happens ...

- SuperAntiSpyware
    SUPERAntiSpyware products are FREE to download. If you have already purchased, simply download your software here, install and enter the supplied registration code.

- MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
    Download free antivirus: easy install for all devices. Remove unwanted malware like viruses, ransomware, spyware & more.

EDIT: Don't run Multiple AntiVirus Simultaneously ... not a good idea. The SAS and MAM are "On-Demand" Anti-Virus scanner & removal tools.

Hope this has helped you ... and post back your results please!

G!
    Last edited by gonwk; 30 Mar 2009, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• snagel
      • Apr 2006

Originally Posted by gonwk
      Hi Snagel,

I don't use AVIRA Premium ... but, I do use Avira Free version and I scan my laptop every other day when bored with it ... it does give you Option of Quarantine (spelling), removal or ... so I am confused with your comment.

I assume AVIRA Premium live instant scan prevents you form getting a Spyware to begin with ...

I use Comodo Firewall with Defense option ... during installation it gives you the option of choosing it ... and put it in "Learning Mode". That I beleive takes care of my LIVE Protection ... pretty much covers me.

Comodo Firewall is a network security system that monitors and controls the network traffic based on predetermined security rules. Get now for $29.99/Year.

If you have a Nasty Virus then download these two Freewares and run them each one at a time and see what happens ...

- SuperAntiSpyware
      SUPERAntiSpyware products are FREE to download. If you have already purchased, simply download your software here, install and enter the supplied registration code.

- MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
      Download free antivirus: easy install for all devices. Remove unwanted malware like viruses, ransomware, spyware & more.

EDIT: Don't run Multiple AntiVirus Simultaneously ... not a good idea. The SAS and MAM are "On-Demand" Anti-Virus scanner & removal tools.

Hope this has helped you ... and post back your results please!

G!
      Maybe I haven't been completely clear. In the application Luke Firewalker, after doing a scan it will show if you have an infection. It shows this under the title of Detections two items down it shows Warnings. After doing a scan it shows 0 detections but shows 8 warnings. It doesn't show any way that I can see to delete or remove the warnings.

Under the AVG free that I had been using it would show Warnings and then give an option to remove or delete the warnings. This is where I have had the problems trying to understand the Warnings category.

I have both SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes and use both of them frequently.

I currently do not have any infections or viruses at least none that have been indicated. I have 8 warnings in the Avira Premium category of the Avira Premium Suite.

Comment

• gonwk
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by snagel
        ... I currently do not have any infections or viruses at least none that have been indicated. I have 8 warnings in the Avira Premium category of the Avira Premium Suite.
        I don't have the Premium ... but if it has same GUI as Freeware ... just say "Next" and it will show you that your 8 Warnings are probably nothing but Cookies for Ad and so forth ... they consider those Low-Level risk.

G!

Comment

• snagel
          • Apr 2006

Thanks Gonwk, I must have missed that I'll check again. Also I do only run one Antivirus at a time. The only Anti Virus on my machine right now is Avira.

Also I am having a time getting used to Avira looks and feel.

Guess I am just used to AVG.

Comment

Working...