Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wordist
    • May 2009

Video File Formats

I burned my first Premiere project in MPEG2-DVD, showing a file format of .m2v, which won't run on my PC (but I assume it will on my DVD player). Is there a video file format that will run both on my PC and my DVD/VCR player (so that I need only one disk)?

Tks
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

The .m2v is the video stream without the audio. Looks like it missed a muxing step(blending the audio and video together) at the end.

Comment

• Wordist
      • May 2009

Three files are on the disc

.m2v, .m2vxmp, and .xmpses

The disc doesn't run on my computer nor on my DVD player. Why is Premiere Pro directing me to output to a file format that doesn't run on anything?

What file format should I burn my video to?

I'd prefer a format that runs on both my PC and my DVD player, but right not I'll settle for just the DVD player. I've got a wedding slideshow to produce!

Comment

• drfsupercenter
        NOT an online superstore
        • Oct 2005

I've seen .m2v files that have sound... sometimes people rename them as that.

Do me a favor - Download Virtualdub Mpeg-2 and open the file with it. Tell me if the video shows up... and if it does, is there any audio? (You may need VirtualDubMod for that, and you click Streams for a list)

If it doesn't show up in the list, just change the box on the bottom to "All files (*.*)" ... not sure if it natively supports mpeg-2.

If it does open with Virtualdub Mpeg-2, then it's probably just your editing software... and if not, it's not even a valid MPEG-2 file, in which case you may be out of luck.
        CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
        Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
        My DVD Collection

Comment

• MilesAhead
          Eclectician
          • Nov 2006

I'd search on Premier Pro on this site
          Video forums, video software downloads, guides, blu-ray players and media.

There may be some people here who use it, but I think most of us try to do freeware when possible. Anyway, doesn't hurt to post on both sites and others too.

I've never even run the trial version(if there is one.) Basically trying to use experience from other software... which may not be that helpful in this case.

Prolly the easiest way to find out what's in the file is load it in
          MediaInfo. You can download that from videohelp.com also.

This post may apply, but I'm not sure as I don't have Premier to look at what they are talking about:

Last edited by MilesAhead; 20 May 2009, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• wcbncal
            • Jan 2006

Wordist,
            Preimer does not multiplex the audio/video by default when you export (encode) a timeline. You get the m2v, and a wav file. Try File>export>Adobe Encoder and in the export settings, click the multiplex tab, the select the multiplex: DVD button. Then you should get a multiplexed *.mpg file. BTW I have been able to play the m2v file in WMP or WinDVD 8 (no audio).

Comment

Working...