• Show
Clear All
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Java Error & Unusual Activity, Possible Trojan or Virus

Hi folks,

Looks like I will need Chewy's help today ... that is if he is around!

I think I might have got zapped with something nasty. It just started today ... I went to a blog and my Avira blocked several attempts of somekind of Trojan or Virus ... I keep saying "Deny" access ... but I think my laptop has gotten zapped. As I am typing this message I am running latest definition of MBAM ... which I downloaded this morning.

Here is what is happening ... when I go to Rapidshare after I locate the file that friend has uploaded and want to download it ... it pops up and before I can save it it vanishes.

Also, when I try to save a web page which I hasve always been able to do I get Java error says something like "ssagent.exe Error".

Q1: Am I in deep trouble!?!?

Q2: Does anyone know how to clean this crap that I have gotten?

BTW, MBAM is 12 minutes into scanning and Nothing ... and I have a feeling MBAM will find nothing!!!

Thanks,

G!
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

do a deep full system scan, and if ur avira can do dos mode scan do that. aka boot time scan in avast. may not be available for 64bit OS though.
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• gonwk
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2005

Hi atifsh,

THANKS! I am still at it ... I want gto make sure I don't have a low-flying Trojan lurking still!

G!

Comment

Working...