X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gyokimae
    • Jul 2009

Please recommend analog capture cards

Hi,

I have a PC encoding a video stream on Windows Media Encoder 9, 24/7.
    This PC has four Osprey-210 cards (composite video + 2ch audio) and four instances of WME9 running... That is a total of 4 videos and 8 audio channels.

--
    In attempt to prepare a backup to this PC, I was disappointed in finding out that there are no longer motherboards available with four PCI slots.

I would appreciate information on capture cards that fulfill the following conditions so I can have a single PC with equivalent functions.

--
    * A PCI Express capture card with 1 composite video, 2 analog audio
    or
    A PCI card with multiple sets of A/V input.

* Known to work with multiple cards running on one PC.

Also, ideal if..
    * Supports 640x480 input

* Price per channel and quality comes close to Osprey-210.

Thanks..
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

Even a couple with 5 pci slots

Comment

• drfsupercenter
      NOT an online superstore
      • Oct 2005

I like the Hauppauage PVR-150 series... it only has one A/V input but you can get a splitter for not too much money.
      Unless the idea was to record several things at once?
      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
      My DVD Collection

Comment

• gyokimae
        • Jul 2009

Chewy,

Thanks for the info.
        Unfortunately all board mentioned seem hard to find where I am (Japan).
        Anyway, since the trend among manufactures is to produce less boards with full blown arrays of PCI slots, I see it a good time to seek capture cards that fit available motherboards.

Comment

• gyokimae
          • Jul 2009

drfsupercenter,

Thanks for the info.
          Yes, unfortunately my purpose is to encode four different material simultaneously.
          (BTW, the purpose was to encode and stream multiple programs, not specifically record on the PC).

I appreciate the info though. I have not come across so many boards that allow you to split the source.

Comment

• gyokimae
            • Jul 2009

I've found a few capture cards with multiple inputs, both claim to work with multiple instances of Windows Media Encoder 9

---
            Spectra8
            Videum 4400 AV

Couldn't insert links to product info as the forum prohibits it to newbies like me
            ---

Does anyone have any impressions of these products combined with WME9?

Writing the following in thought it may help others who visit with the same goal..
            The Spectra8 has no audio input, so to let it function as an equivalent to Osprey-210x4, I will probably need to combine it with a multi input sound card such as the DELTA 1010 LT which oddly... sums up to a similar pricing.

I will probably bump this thread if I get a chance to try one of these boards.

Comment

Working...