• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

windows 7 may have RTM'ed....

apparently the new build 7600 which doesnt have ver num on desktop and leaked just now aswell is RTM, but unless microsoft announce its not official.

RTM or not but creative silently released windows 7 drivers for older audigy audigy2 / ZS drivers just now. haha perhaps they were waiting for july 13th. whats funny is they still show TBC for these products on availability chart and the newer line of products still dont have new windows 7 drivers yet. only the beta drivers are on there site.
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

reminded me of logitech when vista came they said the quickcam pro 4000 and below are discontinued and will be no support or drivers and ppl got real angry and the web was full of those, and in one month time they released new vista drivers silently. sisnce the cam 4000 pro still rules... win7 has builin drivers from winupdate for quickcam 4000 pro

Comment

• MilesAhead
      Eclectician
      • Nov 2006

hmmmmm, RTMd sounds like something where you need to call an ambulance. So I take it those downloading the "leak" are not using the beta keys to activate this beast? (not that I care.. when I get W7 "official" it'll probably be preinstalled SP1 on some off the shelf desktop.)

Comment

• atifsh
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2003

means if it is RTM this is it final code that now will be given to connect and OEm and then later as retail to public.

obviously u need proper set of keys now.
        no need for sp1 just now let it come out and we'll see when the masses start using it.

well install from USB took 10 mins from expanding files to Name entering. and 12.30 mins to desktop.

Comment

• MilesAhead
          Eclectician
          • Nov 2006

I usually avoid buying off the shelf desktops until the pre-installed OS has SP1 on. I broke that rule and had to suffer through months of tuning Vista. On the plus side, I learned some stuff about Vista out of necessity. W7 may not have that problem because it's really something like Vista SP1.5. Even the version number isn't 7 but 6.x

Comment

• cynthia
            Super Moderatress
            • Jan 2004

Read on a Swedish Windows forum that Microsoft is already planning for the SP1 for Windows 7.

Yes, Vista was not good before SP1.

Comment

• MilesAhead
              Eclectician
              • Nov 2006

I guess they have to call it that(SP1 I mean.) After all, that would be admitting it's mostly Vista under the hood. But I like it. The Vista64 SP1 on my quad core runs so smoothly that I just tried W7 64 bit for a bit, then put Vista back on. Other than Superbar I wasn't missing anything, so why mess with it for an OS that's going to time out in a year?

(guess what I mean is, I wouldn't feel the need to wait for W7 SP1 as I did on previous OS since it's gone through its growing pains with the name Vista.. just to clarify.)
              Last edited by MilesAhead; 14 Jul 2009, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• atifsh
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • May 2003

a very common minleading information that 7 is vista sp1, 2 , 3.... its not. its a new OS. it happens when microsoft said 7 is built on vista core, what actually they said was its built around the already very stable vista core. remember server 2008 was vista core and it is an excellent server OS but it came with SP1 integrated when released. [core = kernal]

@ Cynthia

it happen when one of the leaked builds was from the SP1 branch and was with SP1 just like server 2008. it doesnt mean they are working witrh sp1 already its just they tried many things one of which was making it with Sp1 integrated or say its with SP1. but they didnt do it.

with vista it was different they release vista unkooked and had to make server say sp1 cause it has newer files or fixes and cause they are same within they had to wait till SP2 that now is for both server and vista. u dont need seperate Sp2 for server.
                Last edited by atifsh; 14 Jul 2009, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • May 2007

idk about timing out in a year, but if 7 64 is going to time out in a year then why not have it as vista would prolly b obsolete in a way also. besides, i know m$ is still working on their image and rep w/the public, but i doubt they would put out the same os after all that trouble w/a different name.

i have 64 7 pre rtm 7600 on my new build and it's screaming. read and converted about 25 or more dvd's into .iso w/imgburn in a lil over 2 hours. 7 convinced me. i'm glad i let everyone grow w/the pains of vista. i'm ready for the next party w/you guys as far as new builds. done my homework and have 3 pc's to play w/and possibly another dell i found that someone threw out. i'm having fun.
                  SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                    Eclectician
                    • Nov 2006

The fact that most Vista drivers work in W7 should be a hint.
                    Last edited by MilesAhead; 21 Jul 2009, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• atifsh
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • May 2003

what hint? most win 2000 drivers worked in XP.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                        Eclectician
                        • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by atifsh
                        what hint? most win 2000 drivers worked in XP.
                        That tells you there's a commonality there also. Most of the stuff at the bottom is NT designed by DEC refugees. MS sure didn't write it!

Comment

Working...