Task Manager Look & Functionality has Changed!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Task Manager Look & Functionality has Changed!!!

Hi folks,

Sorry for the above Title ... that is the best that I could describe my problem.

I noticed in the past couple of days my Task Manager is NOT like it used to be in the Past ... this new look is uselss to me and it does not show me any of the running functions and so forth.

Now, I have seen this BareBone look to happen on my Office computer, since the office computers are under lock and key and we have No Admin Rights and not even a Power User Right ... just "BASIC" user account. So, I can't even get a Regular looking Task Manager.

I personally have NOT knowingly changed anything in my operation ... and I have not installed any Windows updates recently that I know of ...

BTW, this is on a Gateway M-6862 laptop, and I am running Vista Home Premuim, SP1, 64-Bit. And I am still on IE7. And I have Full Admin Rights on this laptop.

I have attached the "New" Task Manager look .jpg (the Crapped out look)
    FYI.

Q1: How can I get back my Old Version of the "Task Manager" back? Where I could see all the applications running and other services and so forth!!! Hopefully without re-installing the OS!

Q2: How the heck an application like Task Manager gets changed
    without the User's knowledge? BTW, I have run various Antiviruses including MBAM and SAS and I don't think I have Virus issue!

Any Help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

G!
    Attached Files
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Double click on the area between the transparent border thingy and the actual list of tasks (just to the left of the "Task" column header).
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

Hopefully without re-installing the OS!
      I ran windows as a repair disk to fix this problem, it didn't.

Comment

• paglamon
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

G!
        Detailed explanation is here:
        How to Switch Between Normal and Small Footprint Mode in Vista and Windows 7 Task Manager This shows you how to switch between the normal and small footprint mode in Task Manager to save window space.This can sometimes be mistaken as a problem with Task Manager. Here's How: 1. Open Task...
        sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• gonwk
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Dec 2005

Hi guys,

@ Admin ... You are the MAN ... THANKS! ... it Worked! boy you sure saved me from getting an Ulcer.

I don't understand how the thing would just go to that view without me asking it to ... also, I would have NEVER figured it out since there were no tell-tell signs. THANKS again Admin!

@ Chewy ... Nice to hear from you again!

@ Paglamon ... Thanks for the Link and Explanation ... Hope you are doing well! Any more Trekking this year!

Appreciate you folks HELP!

G!

Comment

• paglamon
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Aug 2005

Any more Trekking this year!
            Surely !!!!! To Pindari and Kafni glaciers in October!!!!
            sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

Working...