Why JAVA is running at Full Speed on it's Own?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Why JAVA is running at Full Speed on it's Own?

Hi folks,

I am wondering why my Java "Java.exe*32" is causing my CPU run at 50% constantly when I have NO APPLICATIONS running, just surfing the net!?!?

FYI, my laptop has Vista Prem., SP1, 64-Bit and I am running IE7. I have not installed any new software either ... the only thing I have done I upgraded from Comodo Firewall 3.9.95478.509 to 3.10.102363.531. Now I was having problems with 3.10 before ... slowing my internet and lots of pop-ups ... that is why I reverted back to 3.9 about several weeks ago.

Anyway, I end up killing the process via Task Manager each time. This has been happening in the last 3-4 days!

BTW, I have already ran MBAM, SAS, AVIRA at Full Scan and NO VIRUS!

I have also ran GMER and no sign of Anti-Rootkit.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled latest JAVA JRE.

Q1: Is this a sign of Spyware or a Trojan, which my AntiVirus is not
    catching!?!?

Q2: Any Suggestions!?!?

This is driving me nuts!

Thanks,

G
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

Hi G!

Can you post a HijackThis log while java.exe is running ?
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

Java is cumulative up to update 11, anything older has to be removed in add/remove programs, then use the standalone installer after rebooting.

Malware targets the vulnerabilites in older java, get rid of it.

Comment

• ipaulo
        • Apr 2006

Looking in my add or remove, I see Java updates 6,7 and 13. Does this mean I just manually remove 6 and 7, and be done with it? Thanks

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by ipaulo
          Looking in my add or remove, I see Java updates 6,7 and 13. Does this mean I just manually remove 6 and 7, and be done with it? Thanks
          Kill them all

Reboot and then use the offline installer

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

If Java is really corrupted or infected then there's an advanced tool

Comment

• soup
              Just Trying To Help
              • Nov 2005

I just decided to go & check which Java I have installed, I am on my XP32 side right now because normally what I will do is install the new one & then go into Control Panel/Add-Remove & get rid of the old one. BTW I have seen GBs of Java on people's machines, because they just keep installing the new one figuring it will overwrite the old one, wrong, at least it used to be. The reason for this lengthy post is I found I don't even have Java installed, nothing, nada, zip. I don't know for how long because my last fresh install of XP32 was quite a while ago. Anyway, I think it's funny.

Comment

• gonwk
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Dec 2005

Hi guys,

THANKS for all of your HELP!

@ Paglamon ... I am still using IE7 ... I want to make sure that no matter what site I go to I won't have a problem viewing it with IE8.

Also, I have never gotten on FireFox band wagon ... I guess I am not much of "CHANGE" person ... I like Familiar stuff.

@ Chewy ... wow, dude ... are you still around ... since I never saw any posts in the past several months ... I thought you are Super Busy and have given up on US!

Chewy ... before reading you folks post ... I did uninstall and did a Clean install but I was not sure if I should have my Internet Open for the Stand-alone to be installed correctly.

Q: So, Chewy ... if I uninstall the JAVA from Add/Remove panel ... then run the JavaRa and then do a Clean install of Java (32-bit version) "Offline" even though my Vista Home Prem., SP1, is 64-Bit ... I recall reading somewhere they suggest using the 32-bit ...

FYI, I also use IE7 the 32-Bit version.

THANKS again guys!

G!

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

I don't use 64 bit, no reason to.

Comment

• gonwk
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Dec 2005

Hi folks,

I think I found out what Screwed Up my laptop ...

* I installed the Microsoft IE7 Security Update for Vista 64-Bit (KB972260) that they released on July 28, 2009.

I found this Article that tells you that Microsoft Update Screws up your internet ...

So, I used System Restore and went back to before that update.

* I also went ahead and uninstalled Java JRE 1.6 Update 14 and used Chewy's JavaRA 1.15 to make sure all JAVA JRE's were removed from my laptop.

I am just reverting back to the Basic Java that comes under Vista ...

So far so good ...

I wanted to post this so if anyone else came across this problem they don't have to pull out their hair like I have been ...

THANKS folks!

G!

Comment

Working...