• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr_ml422
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2007

Need Help w/This Error

Now when i log into my pc which has 7 64 after i put in the Password and I get in a pop up box w/this message comes up:

AsusSetup C:\Users\Doctor~1\App Data\Local\Temp\034049Log.iniis lost

I searched in my PC and nothing came up. I did today incorporate a so called fix for Chrome in properties in its shortcut. Idk though if it has anything to do w/this. The web didn't turn up w/anything either. Please any of you guys if you even have a hint let me know. Thnx.
    SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

no idea where that comes from but i'd start with checking my services + msconfig (if that i still available under the same name in win 7) and see if there is anything asus related

Comment

• dr_ml422
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2007

Thnx UnCaS. I'll get to it. I removed Chrome just in case, and called Asus. I need to call Monday if I don't figure it out as Express Gate as well as Chrome is a Linuxed based app.. So I was told.

I've been so use to XP and not using System Restore that I totally forgot about it. I did a System Restore, and it solved the issue. hopefully it won't pop up again. I will stick w/apps. that are definitely tried and compatible w/7 64. I kept the info just in case. Maybe I'll give asus a call anyway.
      Last edited by dr_ml422; 4 Oct 2009, 10:11 AM.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• dr_ml422
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2007

Excuse the double post, but now FF has just crashed on 7 64. I guess that not all Vista apps. are fully supported by 7. I might have to just use IE for now until they officially say FF/Chrome is compatible w/7.

Also I received this detection which I removed. Have no idea where it came from, but a lot of malware coming from downloads I figure, and websites that give tips/tweaks.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41
        Database version: 2905
        Windows 6.1.7600

10/4/2009 11:33:01 AM
        mbam-log-2009-10-04 (11-33-01).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
        Objects scanned: 76467
        Time elapsed: 1 minute(s), 11 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
        Memory Modules Infected: 0
        Registry Keys Infected: 0
        Registry Values Infected: 0
        Registry Data Items Infected: 1
        Folders Infected: 0
        Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
        (No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoActiveDesktopChange s (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

So any info/suggestions appreciated as always. Thnx.

Comment

• soup
          Just Trying To Help
          • Nov 2005

Never had any problems here with FF & W7. If you haven't maybe grab the latest version, download & install. Don't forget to save your bookmarks, just in case. BTW Comodo has a very cool registry tool.

Choose from Desktop, iOS, Android, or let us email you a mobile download link.

Comment

• dr_ml422
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2007

Originally Posted by soup
            Never had any problems here with FF & W7. If you haven't maybe grab the latest version, download & install. Don't forget to save your bookmarks, just in case. BTW Comodo has a very cool registry tool.

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/
            That's the version I installed after taking Chrome out. Have you had to tweak the temp file setting in IE 8 because of the enormous cache it was using? It was a issue at 1st, and it was affecting spybot. I don't know if it was fixed permanently by MS, or just a tweak in the settings.

That Comodo registry tool is it independent or part of their firewall? Also I presume it's 7 64 compatible? Thnx.

Comment

• MilesAhead
              Eclectician
              • Nov 2006

I'm using Firefox 3.6Pre August 5 build on Vista64 SP1 and W7 7077(32 bit) and it's very stable. All my AddOns work or I was able to replace them with new ones that do the same thing. Only thing is you can't download the 3.6 nightly builds anymore since they are doing 3.7pre. But the 3.6 Alpha candidate they have for download is the next day's build. Supposedly it should be just as solid.

It has JIT for speed and kicks ass. You just need to install Mr Tech Toolkit or use another hack to turn off the version checking. Stuff like SyncPlaces, AutoCopy, Tab Mix Plus and Stay-Open Menu work with it.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • May 2007

Thnx Miles. This is getting frustrating to say the least. I'm still getting "We're experiencing technical difficulties" error message in the chat column in FGmail. I've tried the so called fixes like going to the secure https://mail.google.com/com url and it still does it.

Is it true that Chrome, and FF are Linux based apps.? I'm going to have to call Asus tomorrow, and ask about all this. The tech yesterday told me even the Express Gate app. in Asus was Linux based, and that I had to speak w/the Linux software guy from Asus Monday.

I'm tired of searching for meaningless temporary fixes/hacks every time something pops up. I know it's part of the computer world, but I'm exhausted. Bottom line FF, Chrome and other apps. are just not compatible w/7 64 or 7 period at full strength. They should have done this already. D-day for 7 is a couple of weeks away.

Comment

• UncasMS
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2001

MS has finished an XP mode for 7

maybe you could download this rc and see if it does any good?

Comment

• dr_ml422
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • May 2007

Originally Posted by UncasMS
                    MS has finished an XP mode for 7

maybe you could download this rc and see if it does any good?
                    I'll download it. Isn't this like having a separate XP on a different PC though? Or is this specifically made to fix any issues in regards to 7? I have XP home on my other 2 PCs. Thnx.

Comment

• UncasMS
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2001

as far as i know this mode is meant for those programs and tools that do not (yet?) run under 7 but worked fine with xp so chances are that those apps that will hopefully be supported and adopted to work with 7 will run with this mode until a fix/new version is available

make sure to ENable cpu virtualization in your bios!

Comment

• dr_ml422
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • May 2007

Thnx UnCaS. I thought it was along those lines. I'll do it, and also enable virtualization. Both my CPU's support it. I think even the added sw that's on Asus like Express Gate, even though it says 7 compatible might not be working correctly. That I'll find out tomorrow.

Unbelievable. This XP Mode is something else. Easy installation instructions. I'm on it right now. I'll use Chrome w/it, and if it acts up by chance install FF. Funny how it will install both my AV's I have on the regular 7 64in the same PC, and not conflict. I think this XP Mode RC is XP Professional. Well, the results are in. My Sig saids it all. Thnx.
                        Last edited by dr_ml422; 5 Oct 2009, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• soup
                          Just Trying To Help
                          • Nov 2005

That Comodo tool is standalone & very good. It's on Page 2.

This was brought about by MilesAhead's thread. If we can't find one, make one. We all in our travels come across free stuff, so let's pass it on here. All I ask is that we stick to the rules of the Forum & keep the giveawayoftheday stuff to it's own thread. I am going to start it off with a media player that I was linked to
                          Last edited by soup; 5 Oct 2009, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • May 2007

After racking my head w/that error pop-up, and not being able to figure out how to get System Rights to delete some files, if in fact I could of obtained System Rights, I decided to do a quick install. I know somewhere on Google I could of found out about the rights thing, but I was tired, and frankly from experience I think a new install would of had to be done anyway.

I'll be using IE 8 for now, and slowly learning the ropes until I'm more certain that FF, and/or Chrome are fully compatible. I know most of you have had no issues w/FF on 7 64, but I'm not in the mood to do another install if something goes bazonkers again. I also didn't install Express Gate, and any new Windows updates. I'm thinking maybe the Maliscious Tool Remover maybe done something too when I installed it yesterday. Idk. Mood point.

Comment

Working...