Anyone use wirelesss keyboard/mouse long range?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • katzdvd
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Feb 2006

Anyone use wirelesss keyboard/mouse long range?

Hi all!

Can you give me some pointers on what would be a good wireless keyboard & mouse setup for HTPC? (Home Theater). The range should be at least 10', maybe more. There are so many choices out there, and the reviews are very mixed...

I have been looking at Logitech, Adesso, Microsoft & a few others.

Is it possible to get a good quality combo for $50.00 or so? I want to be sure I get something good, not something that works haphazardly, misses input commands, etc.

Any input/suggestions are welcome!

Cheers, katz
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

10 inch as in ~25cm?

i'm using a logitech S 510 for an average 3m distance for my media pc which is connected to tv/avr

Comment

• katzdvd
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Feb 2006

Not 10 inch , but 10 feet. I need to have the wireless mouse/keyboard to operate from at least that distance, maybe a bit further.

Comment

• PurpleDemon
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Mar 2006

HI Katz,

I have had THIS one since Christmas. I was able to go 18'.

Mouse does better than keyboard. KB stopped responding about 20'.

Hope this is the kind of input you need.

Good Luck

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

and this is the logitech i use with a range of 2-4m

Comment

• katzdvd
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Feb 2006

Thanks guys.

Both look like good choices - seems like a lot of folks like the Logitech products. I will make a decision on one of those soon. I was looking at wireless for a LCD monitor that I will be using from my seating area as well, but from the looks of things I think I will just opt for a long VGA cable for that.

The wireless video senders are pretty pricey and I am not sure of the quality/reliability of them.

Comment

• jmet
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2002

I use the wireless keyboard and mouse that came with my DELL computer. The keyboard works great at about 11 feet but, not the mouse. I ended up buying this mouse from amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_oh_product

It works great! The farthest I've tried it is about 12 feet (my living room is small).

(I've actually bought two of these mice since I accidentally dropped one inside my jack and coke...lol........that one didn't work after that....just got my new one today)

Comment

Working...