X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by jamoskeag3
    Did you get the free upgrade disk thru HP, or did you buy win 7? Just curious as to why you did not have the HP upgrade assistant disk. It was useful.
    I just put the Windows 7 beta on because the machine had Vista before SP1(I bought it in 2007) and it won't take SP1. Maybe because I have it hacked with VistaGlazz to do themes, I don't know. But I tried about 3 times to put SP1 on and it does like 4 reboots and goes through the whole shootin' match, then says "Service Pack not installed... rolling back."

Vista without SP1 has some problems such as slow shell file copy. So I put Windows 7 on. I can use it until March 2010. By then I hope Windows 7 is out with SP1 integrated. I wish I could just buy a license for the Windows Seven that's on there. It's running great. I don't know of any bugs or weirdies. Well, if you don't count file indexing. I turned that off and use Everything Search instead.

Comment

• doctorhardware
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2006

Originally Posted by jamoskeag3
      I got the disk around Nov 2.
      I got several emails from them.

I did call them a few times to ask:
      1. What was status, and
      2. When exactly was I going to get disk

What seems to be important, (besides being very insistent), is to make sure they have accepted and validated your proof of purchase. They seem to have a long queue for this process, so I talked the cust serv rep into validating it while we spoke.

Hope this helps
      And yes it did but, I am perplexed as to why there has not been any communications from them. I was going to ask you this earlier but I forgot to. Who did HP use to ship the package put to you. Also was the package shipped from a domestic or international location. When I called and tried to do a change of address I was told that DHL was being used. Which Can't be right. DHL no longer delivers small packages in the US domestically. They are only doing freight Internationally. I checked the status earlier on the Aravato Digital Services web site. The shipping status is now settled. But so far I have not gotten any emails for any of the status changes. I had to log on the web site to find out what is happening.

Thanks for taking some time to answer my questions

Regards

Chris
      Last edited by doctorhardware; 21 Nov 2009, 08:52 PM.
      Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

Working...