• Show
Clear All
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Can Nero or Roxio Conflict with Cyberlick DVD Suite

Hi folks,

I have "Cyberlink DVD Suite OEM version 7" on my laptop that has Vista Home Prem., 64-Bit.

The Cyberlink "CD Copy" is acting up (Scans the Original just fine ... gathers the data .. but chokes on burning it to the New Disc) ...

So I was wondering if I install my Nero 6 OEM (which has profed to be Bullet-Proof on XP) on my laptop ...

Q1: Would the Nero conflict with the already installed Cyberlink DVD Suite!?!?

Q2: Would the Nero 6 OEM work with Vista Home Prem., 64-Bit !?!?

Thanks,

G!
  • doctorhardware
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2006

I had no problems here but I do not have it on the HP. When I installed win 7 Pro I had to do a full install since I did not have Vista Pro.
    Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
      Eclectician
      • Nov 2006

If you are doing a 1 to 1 copy of the CD why not just use Imgburn? Make an image from the CD. Burn image.

Burrn portable and CDBurnerXP both work fine in Vista64 last time I tried 'em too.

Comment

• gonwk
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2005

Hi Doc & Miles,

@ Miles ... I am so used to ImgBurn only doing DVDs ... that I did NOT remember the laster version does CD Image ... Thanks Miles that is my Ticket ... ImgBurn is so much more Better and Stable!

@ Doc ... looks like I might have to get with the times and get Windows 7 also ... but I am going to wait till I have to upgrade my laptop ... this one has a pretty good Graphics card (ATI) that lets me play the Games that I want.

Appreciate the Brain-Storming!

G!

Comment

• MilesAhead
          Eclectician
          • Nov 2006

@gonwk at this point you may as well wait to get a machine with Windows7 SP1 installed. Of the last 4 PCs I bought with OS pre-installed the only one I got burned on afa OS goes was Vista 32 bit before SP1 came out. All my other HP machines had at least SP1 on whatever flavor of Windows it was. On all the other systems I only spent a fraction of the time tweaking them compared to hours and hours of messing with Vista just to make it usable. Never again.

Comment

• gonwk
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Dec 2005

Hi Miles,

I am leaving my Gateway laptop with Vista Home Prem that it came with ... I will just wait and buy a new one when prices drop ...

I personally ... the last time I looked ... I did NOT care for HP laptops look and feel ... and especially their stupid Touchpad ... too screwy for my use ...

PRICE is also a factor on my next laptop.

Thanks!

G!

Comment

• doctorhardware
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Dec 2006

Gateway is now made by Acer and I need another new system board for my Acer Laptop. The network connection died on it this would have been the 3 system board so that is why I got the HP laptop. I got a refurbished for around $579. Which is a good price. The only thing that I did was to install 2 500 gig hard drives.
              Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• gonwk
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Dec 2005

Hi Doc,

Thanks for sharing that info ... hmmm Acer ... may be I will look at HP's again. And in laptop world are changing pretty fast ... so by the time I got the dough ... heck it might be someone else.

G!

Comment

Working...