• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

XP Mode works with no CPU Virtualization support Hotfix [unofficial Hotfix]

apparently its made by microsoft but leaked and its unofficial. hav'nt tested but know few ppl who says its work fine.

google is ur friend if u want it.
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

Heh heh. The headline was much more interesting when seen from outsite the forum. It's clipped right after the word CPU as in:

XP Mode works with no CPU

What will they think of next?

Comment

• atifsh
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2003

Originally Posted by MilesAhead
      Heh heh. The headline was much more interesting when seen from outsite the forum. It's clipped right after the word CPU as in:

XP Mode works with no CPU

What will they think of next?

i wish they can make pc do exactly what ur smiley is doing would solve a lot of stupid problems im sure

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by atifsh
        i wish they can make pc do exactly what ur smiley is doing would solve a lot of stupid problems im sure
        You mean yours doesn't do that? Must be only in the beta.

Comment

• atifsh
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2003

Originally Posted by MilesAhead
          You mean yours doesn't do that? Must be only in the beta.
          maybe im pretty good with computers
          or maybe the fact i use this way of solving problems thats dont get corrected

Comment

• MilesAhead
            Eclectician
            • Nov 2006

I heard a rumor there was a model Vax mini-computer that came with a shoe print on the front panel indicating the precise place to kick it to correct certain types of errors.

Comment

• atifsh
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • May 2003

ok they have made it official now.....http://www.microsoft.com/windows/vir...c/default.aspx

Comment

• MilesAhead
                Eclectician
                • Nov 2006

I've been playing around a bit lately with VirtualBox, in Vista64 since that machine has a lot more ram. So far it only likes an XP install CD. If I try one of those converters that makes an image from a partition it won't boot. Not so much fun if you have to reinstall all your apps. Might as well just make a custom XP install with applications first and use that if I need a VM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                  Eclectician
                  • Nov 2006

I got it to work. Used nLite to make a trimmed down install CD. The main trick is to change the network attachment type from Nat to Bridged. Then you can see Public folders on the host PC without bothering with that SharedFolder thing(couldn't get that to work... seems to be a lot of people who can't get it to work with Vista64.)

The responsiveness is actually pretty good. I allocated 64 MB video ram and turned on 2D and 3D acceleration for the VM. Haven't figured out how to get USB to work but to get out to other storage I can use the network and mount the optical drive.

Plus it's free for personal use.

Comment

Working...