Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tonysmith1929
    • Nov 2005

assistance needed

Hi friends, (and Blutach) Due to sudden eysight problems I need advise/help with simple problems.
    First,due to grandaughters laptop dying I need to connect her small HD to my PC to transfer data(Not OS) Is there a cable to connect with mine ??

2. Sister has a new Toshiba laptop with Win 7.
    resollution is so high on 17in screen that she has trouble seeing it. Can some one tell me in very simple language how to find what on XP is control panel/screen ?? so I can print it out and pass to her to do ??

Hopefully I will recover enough sight to help her later, Thanks....
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Hi tonysmith1929. Sorry to hear about your eyesight problem, I hope you recover as soon as possible!

For the first problem, it all depends on what kind of connector the hard-drive has. If it's a recent-ish laptop, then it should be SATA, and if your PC has one, you'll have to open up the case and connect it up. The alternative is to by a SATA HDD enclosure/dock, which you attach the HDD to, and then connect to your PC via USB.

For changing resolutions on Win 7, there are actually two methods. One is to reduce the resolution like you would do in XP, but there's also a new Windows 7 feature that allows you to use bigger fonts in higher resolutions (because Microsoft found that most people that are using resolutions less than their monitor's native resolution is because the font and icons are too small in most cases). Microsoft's website now has a series of helpful guides on how to do most basic things in Windows 7, here's the page on how to change resolutions:

Learn how to improve the clarity of text and images displayed on your screen by changing the screen resolution of your monitor.

Here's the guide on how to keep the native resolution, but to increase font and icon sizes (note that this only make the Windows fonts bigger - browsing web pages are unaffected):

Find help and how-to articles for Windows operating systems. Get support for Windows and learn about installation, updates, privacy, security and more.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• tonysmith1929
      • Nov 2005

assistance needed

Thanks Admin,will work from that. regards

Comment

Working...