X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seth fang
    • Sep 2011

Need a video converter

Hi guys,
    im a newbie here, i really wanna know the basic discipline here. And i really wanna be part of some great talks, especially things about movies. BTW, who knows a good video converter? Thx~
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

• SUPER to convert between almost any file format
    • AutoGK for conversion to AVI/DivX/Xvid
    • AVI Recomp for re-encoding AVI files for more compatibility
    • VidCoder for Blu-ray/DVD to MP4/MKV (H.264) conversion
    • DVD Flick for video file to DVD conversion, you might also try FAVC if DVD Flick doesn't work well for you
    • and MeGUI for more advanced users that want more control over their conversion.

All freeware as well, so no need to mess around, except that the commercial ConvertXtoDVD is a pretty good video file to DVD converter, if you need to do a lot of those (and don't want to deal with the various issues with DVD Flick, FAVC).
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• MilesAhead
      Eclectician
      • Nov 2006

Also check out the tool many video converters use:

AviSynth

It takes a bit to wrap your head around it. You don't "start" or "run" it like a normal app. Programs or you manually, create a script. The AviSynth dll and 3rd party plugins provide the code, to do things like filter the video, add subtitles, resize, remove jaggies etc...

It's very powerful.

Comment

• BlogYourEarth
        • Oct 2011

Hi seth fang,
        I tested today the Avanti encoder. Avanti is the front-end and the encoder is FFmpeg. It is very powerful video converter and free from malware.

During my search for a video converter I installed a bunch of video to video converters yesterday / today and now my computer is packed with malware

I will write a short description about how to get Avanti installed and run.

I hope this will help you...

Comment

• Art Vandelay
          Digital Video Technician
          Digital Video Technician
          • Feb 2006

Format factory, will convert to almost any other format and is quite fast and you can use avisynth with it.

Comment

• seth fang
            • Sep 2011

Thx guys~! couple of days ago, i got myself a free video converter from BDlot's giveaway, and it works pretty well. But of course, ill give a shot on your recommendations Thank you!

Comment

• kaser123
              • Feb 2012

Originally Posted by admin
              SUPER to convert between almost any file format
              IMO, Super is not worth a recommendation as there are so many great alternatives with fancy interface and powerful functions. The program should be easy to use and has many built-in presents as possible.

BTW, it takes minutes to find the right download link of Supper on its official site and has ads in its installation process.

Comment

• admin
                Administrator
                • Nov 2001

Originally Posted by kaser123
                BTW, it takes minutes to find the right download link of Supper on its official site and has ads in its installation process.
                Which is why we offer it as a direct download here

SUPERsetup.exe <- SUPER Downloads | Software - Digital Digest

(Just make sure you deselect the included ad/optional downloads, there are quite a few of them, during the install - you need to press the "decline" button to skip them properly)

The "magic" of SUPER is that it literally supports almost every format, including the less often supported 3GP, WebM, as well as some of the more obscure audio formats. But I do agree that the interface is kind of "clunky" and not all that user friendly.

Also, another multi-format converter to consider is TEncoder, haven't really used it much myself, but while it doesn't support as many formats as SUPER, most of the common formats are supported:

TEncoder 1.7.1 | Software - Digital Digest
                Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...