Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ricland
    • Oct 2012

Should I buy this Comupter?

I'll be editing AVCHD files from my Panasonic Gh2.

Will the following Walmart laptop that sells for $500 do the job?

---------------------------------------------------

The Asus 15.6" K55A-RBR6 Laptop PC features an Intel Core i5-2450M processor, 6GB of memory, 750GB hard drive and Windows 7 Home Premium for a superior computing experience. Two SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports provide data transfer rates that are 10 times faster than USB 2.0.
    Special Offer: Buy this Windows 7 PC and get Windows 8 Pro for $14.99. We've got you covered. Click HERE to learn more about Microsoft Windows 8 Pro & the upgrade program.

Asus 15.6" K55A-RBR6 Laptop PC:

Key Features and Benefits:

Intel Core i5-2450M processor
    3.10GHz, 3MB L3 Cache

6GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory (expandable to 8GB)
    Gives you the power to handle most power hungry applications and tons of multimedia work

750GB hard drive
    Store 500,000 photos, 214,000 songs or 395 hours of HD video and more

SuperMulti DVD Burner
    Watch movies, and read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats

10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN
    Connect to a broadband modem with wired Ethernet or wirelessly connect to a Wi-Fi signal or hotspot with the 802.11b/g/n connection built into your PC

15.6" HD LED-backlit display
    UMA Graphics

Additional Features:
    0.3MP webcam with built-in microphone
    5-in-1 memory card reader
    2 x USB 3.0 ports, 1 x USB 2.0 port, 1 x headphone jack, 1 x microphone jack, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port, 1 x HDMI 1.4 port, 1 x D-sub 15-pin port
    6-cell lithium-ion battery, up to 6 h 38 min battery life

Software:
    Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Edition (To learn more about the features of Windows 7, click here)
    Microsoft Office Starter 2010: Includes reduced functionality versions of Microsoft Word and Excel, with advertising. PowerPoint and Outlook are NOT included. Purchase Office 2010 today and get the most out of your new PC. (To learn more about the features of Office 2010, click here)
    TrendMicro anti-virus
    Backup and Restore options built into Windows allow you to create safety copies of your most important personal files, so you're always prepared for the worst

Support and Warranty:
    1-year parts warranty; 1-year limited labor warranty
    Restore discs are not included (unless specified by supplier). We recommend you use the installed software to create your own restore and backup DVD the first week you use the computer.

What's In The Box:
    Power cord
    6-cell lithium-ion battery
    Quick Start Guide
  • jason111
    • Oct 2012

For "Intel Core i5-2450M processor", in my opinions, it is better choice to buy intel core i7 ... processor... anyway, computer technology nowadays, has been processing fast!

Comment

Working...