Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cynical1
    • Jan 2006

Are DVD burners a work in progress?

I now have 3 DVD burners. A Lite-on, a Mat****a (laptop), and a Memorex (external), and the only one that works consistently is the Memorex. This leads me to believe that DVD burning technology is not an exact science. Is anyone else having these problems? Should I just feel lucky that ONE of them works? Please give me some info!
  • Jack Lurker
    Oh Bugger! It's bust again!
    • Jun 2005

It's more likely to be a media compatability issue, what media do you use and what software are you burning with? I have done a few hundred burns with very few problems once I started using decent media.
    Jack

The best thing for trees is a bloody big axe! Works for stupidity too!!
    You have a problem? Search the forums, you 'aint the first person to have your problem thats for sure!!
    There's a bloke called Blutach here somewhere, check out his signature. Loads of useful info in it!

Comment

• Cynical1
      • Jan 2006

I've been using Decrypter to burn and now I have Imgburn. As far as media, the Lite-on only works consistently with old RCA disks that max out at 2.4x. I have been using Yuden and CMC disks with the Memorex and both work fine. Neither works with the laptop. I'm gettin the laptop drive replaced since it is under warranty, but I have little hope that the replacement will work.

Comment

• Jack Lurker
        Oh Bugger! It's bust again!
        • Jun 2005

Have you checked that your firmware on the drives is up to date? Worth checking. CMC are genarally agreed to be pretty crap media although some have acheived consistent succes with them, Taiyo Yuden should be ok as long as they are genuine TY's. Might be worthwhile posting a burn log from ImgBurn, that may tell the real experts something i'm missing.
        Jack

The best thing for trees is a bloody big axe! Works for stupidity too!!
        You have a problem? Search the forums, you 'aint the first person to have your problem thats for sure!!
        There's a bloke called Blutach here somewhere, check out his signature. Loads of useful info in it!

Comment

• Cynical1
          • Jan 2006

imgburn finishes successfully, and even verifies, but the disks just don't play all the way thru. Should I still post a burn log?

Comment

• cornholio7
            Unavailable
            • Jun 2005

yes please , so we can see what is going on.

Comment

Working...