Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metal
    • Jul 2003

Program hang when ImgBurn 1.2.0.0 try to erase +RW disc

I've just upgraded to 1.2.0.0 but when I tried to write an image file to a +RW disc (containing data), ImgBurn hang when it tries to format/erase the disc.
    I didn't save the log but the last two lines reads

QuickErase : No
    Erasing Disc

ImgBurn just hangs for more than 10 mins and I have to switch off the power and reboot (as ImgBurn does not allow to exit during erasing).
    I then switched back to 1.1.0.0 and no problem with the same disc.
    ImgBurn starts to burn immediately.

Any advice on what problem?
  • LIGHTNING UK!
    Author of ImgBurn
    • Dec 2001

The new version tries to ensure the disc is formatted properly before you burn to it.

A full format takes about 15 mins at 4x.

Just let it do it's thing!

So basically, if the info window on the right doesn't say 'Formatted: Yes' and you have a DVD+RW disc in the drive, the program will attempt a FULL format before it starts burning. This behaviour is by design. A proper/full format will only be done once, at which point it'll say 'Formatted: Yes'.
    The Official ImgBurn Website

Comment

• metal
      • Jul 2003

Thx for clarifying and I'll wait until the formatting complete next time.

Btw, will full format require for every instance of +RW disc when first used, ie., if I have ten discs of the same media, then full format will be done ten times or only once.

Just for the sake of interest, any reason on this change in the new version as for the previous version the program went straight to the burning process and it seems no change to -RW discs burning.

Comment

• LIGHTNING UK!
        Author of ImgBurn
        • Dec 2001

DVD+RW all have to be formatted before you can burn to them.

You can leave them in a 'limbo' state where the format has started but not finished ('Formatted: No (Started)') but I don't like that.

That's why I made it do a complete format if it hasn't already had one.

DVD-RW do not need formatting.

You will need to go through this process for all your DVD+RW - once per disc.
        The Official ImgBurn Website

Comment

Working...