Img Burn Error - unable to lock volume .....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lemonyx
    • Feb 2006

Img Burn Error - unable to lock volume .....

Just getting this weird msg from IMG Burn. This particular time I used DVD Fab Decrypt to rip, Shrink w/Img Burn. I click ignore and burn with no problems. The DVD was Chicken Little but that wasn't the problem??

tia
    Attached Files
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Abit IP35 Pro mb, Intel Core 2 Duo Q6600 2.4ghz OC'd 3.6ghz, Thermalright 120 Ultra Extreme, 4 x 1gb Corsair XMS2 PC6400, Gigabyte 8800 GT OC'd PCi-e 2.0, 2x WD 74gb Raptors, 4x WD Se16 500gb HD's, CoolerMaster Stacker Case, Antec Earthwatts 500w, lots of Delta fans
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

Seems you had another program that was locking up your driver. Tried to restart the PC?

Comment

• lemonyx
      • Feb 2006

Hi Cynthia

I had the PC o'clocked to 200fsb and the Ben Q burner (DW1655ls) didn't like it that fast

I've restarted the PC, so far it seems to have gone away. Any ideas on this error??

tia
      Abit IP35 Pro mb, Intel Core 2 Duo Q6600 2.4ghz OC'd 3.6ghz, Thermalright 120 Ultra Extreme, 4 x 1gb Corsair XMS2 PC6400, Gigabyte 8800 GT OC'd PCi-e 2.0, 2x WD 74gb Raptors, 4x WD Se16 500gb HD's, CoolerMaster Stacker Case, Antec Earthwatts 500w, lots of Delta fans

Comment

• cynthia
        Super Moderatress
        • Jan 2004

Problem: You get an I/O Error saying 'The Parameter is incorrect'. Answer: In the settings screen, change the 'Transfer Length' option to 'Manual' instead of 'Automatic' and put it on '32 KB' instead of '64 KB'.

Comment

• lemonyx
          • Feb 2006

Thanks for the link -

Comment

• sonic_emperor
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Mar 2003

that happens to me sometimes,at first,i used to restart computer,but now i just click ignore
            cro-anthem-video

Comment

• LIGHTNING UK!
              Author of ImgBurn
              • Dec 2001

It's ok to ignore it but really you should find the other program that's using the drive and close it down. When you've done it a few times you get to know the programs that cause problems and you just ensure they're closed before you burn - without even really thinking about it.

It's not advisable to have two or more programs trying to use the drive at the same time. They can interfere with each other and that's something you don't want happening when you're burning!
              The Official ImgBurn Website

Comment

• sonic_emperor
                Digital Video Expert
                Digital Video Expert
                • Mar 2003

well,for example,could that be mediaplayer,although im not clicking etc onto drive?i just have to get some time to check that,im all in multitasking,its rare that you see my computer doing only one thing...
                cro-anthem-video

Comment

• LIGHTNING UK!
                  Author of ImgBurn
                  • Dec 2001

Yeah I know for sure that media player can cause that error. If I have something I really must listen to whilst burning, I switch to winamp - or turn the radio on!
                  The Official ImgBurn Website

Comment

• Bangen
                    • Jan 2009

Oh wow, just had this exact problem but this was fixed by closing Windows Sidebar.

Comment

• christophocles
                      • Jan 2009

Originally Posted by Bangen
                      Oh wow, just had this exact problem but this was fixed by closing Windows Sidebar.
                      indeed. that fixed my problem. wth??

Comment

Working...