Is ImgBurn sometimes hijacked by Decryptor?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • selmer
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Nov 2004

Is ImgBurn sometimes hijacked by Decryptor?

I search the Forums for 90% of my newb questions, but I am a little stumped at why SHRINK has switched back to "burn with Decryptor" as the default writer instead of Imgburn, which I went to about 3 days ago with great anticipation.

My older system (AMD 1600) is now SHRINK defaulted to "burn with NERO." No reference of Decryptor or Imgburn.

My new system (AMD 3500+) now defaults to "burn with Decryptor"

Neither have any reference of "Image Burn" in the SHRINK drop down menue, at time of burn start. It is like Imgburn is not there, but of course it is still installed, and can open fine by itself. I even checked "make this the default program" inside of Imgburn, but with no change to my SHRINK drop down menue.

NOTE: I have moved locations of all my DVD burning software around a bit to make backing up my system files easier. Perhaps this was an error, and I need to delete all DVD software, and reinstall in one folder.
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

Sounds as you have installed the version of DVD Shrink that only burns with DVD Decrypter. You need to install the other version.

Comment

• selmer
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Nov 2004

PS ... I just deleted then re-installed SHRINK with the thought it would "read" where the other aps (Decryptor, Imgburn, etc) are installed ... but this did not help.

I also went inside the SHRINK settings tab, and unchecked the default tab "enable burn with NERO" ... same result.

I still can not find any option to burn with Imgburn any more.

I have a feeling it is right under my nose - perhaps some setting I have screwed up?

Comment

• selmer
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Nov 2004

THANKS Cynthia, I will try that. I just re-installed the version I had saved to my Hard drive from a year or two ago.

Comment

• selmer
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Nov 2004

THANKS CYNTHIA - Problem Solved. I will save this new version 4 sure.

Your the best!!!! (along with NWG and the other kind hearted souls that have pulled me into the advanced Newb club.)

Comment

Working...